Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LabraData

I will take the blame on this one. I was forced to move out of the city limits last year and have not entered the pedigrees I have. So, I am working on them and can always use additional help as they are very time consuming. There is a lot of data to look up - but I will get the dogs entered and now we have a volunteer to attach all the other data (OFA's/CERF etc).

I will get back to data entry so hopefully will be caught up soon. - Sherrie Petty

Thank you for your work on Labradata.

We are currently in discussion with the developer about adding a program that would allow us to incorporate OFA listings. This means that we can not only keep current dogs updated with the latest OFA certificates, but ADD new dogs from the quarterly OFA list. Any dog on the list that is not already in LabraData will be verified and automatically added. Of course, owners breeders and a lot of descriptive data will not be included. Those details are not available from OFA or AKC. Owners will have to "claim" their dogs to add individual information to the database.

We would like feedback on this idea before going to the expense and work of pursuing it. Both the programming and the data entry oversight will require extensive man hours. It is up to YOU - the users - to decide how you want LabraData to develop. This is just one idea for growing the database. If you have others, PLEASE share them with the board!

Now THAT'S a great idea! Just think how much time that would save all of us. Thank you, Labradata. I, for one, think it would be great if you could get OFA to cooperate.

>We are currently in discussion with the developer about adding a program that would allow us to incorporate OFA listings. This means that we can not only keep current dogs updated with the latest OFA certificates, but ADD new dogs from the quarterly OFA list.