Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: In search of a new puppy and questions

This is a pretty far fetched questioned, is it someone real ? Seems to be such an extreme case. But know plenty who will use those boys early. Don't have to pay a stud fee and can crank those puppys out.

The breeder of my first boy made a referral for me to this other breeder. I checked her out on OFA and with the clubs she belongs to.

If I hadn't noticed the age of the mother on the OFA website, I probably wouldn't have known, she never mentioned it herself.

Did you click the right place ? To see her age and not just when she was x-rayed and appeared on the OFA site. Maybe that is part of it.

Really wish we could have a hint of who this is?
If we don't police ourselves in this breed, who will????
It's for the betterment and protection of our beloved Labradors.
The practices you describe here are TOTALLY unethical and NOT the norm for reputable breeders!!!!!
DO NOT buy a puppy!!!!!!

I would continue to look for a breeder whose breeding practices are in line with your comfort level. There are many breeders out there; be patient and you will find the right one for you. The relationship with your breeder is important and relationships usually work better when there is mutual respect.

I would not worry about "English" vs. "specialty" vs. any other description someone has on their web site. What is important is that the breeder is breeding sound dogs and breeding to the Labrador Standard.

Hopefully, this was an oops litter and the dam is now spayed to spare her any more litters at her age.

Good Luck in your search.

And look for the right pup. Not just someone near by. Drive hours if you need to. This is a family memeber for the next 13/14 years. If you want chocolate again there are good breeders and bad in every color. So look hard and ask questions. Checking around is good.