Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reserve Winners Question

Hi,
I can't tell you how often it happens,but it happened because of me.
I had a cute bitch that I thought was too imature for open so I entered her in Am bred. She won majors both days that weekend. Trouble was she was born in Canada.
I had sold her mother to a friend in Canada and got mom back as well as a pup of hers. Since they were both here I forgot where they came from
AKC wrote to me and told me the very bad news. If you look at my wrists you will see faint scars(just kidding

Sheila7ag9

Re: Reserve Winners Question

sheila norgren
Hi,
I can't tell you how often it happens,but it happened because of me.
I had a cute bitch that I thought was too imature for open so I entered her in Am bred. She won majors both days that weekend. Trouble was she was born in Canada.
I had sold her mother to a friend in Canada and got mom back as well as a pup of hers. Since they were both here I forgot where they came from
AKC wrote to me and told me the very bad news. If you look at my wrists you will see faint scars(just kidding

Sheila7ag9

So sorry for your mix up, but to clarify this rule one step further, the dog must also be "bred" and whelped in the US. The actual mating/breeding takes place here too.

"American-Bred - For dogs born in the United States from a mating which took place in the United States, that are not yet champions."