Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Suspicious email--anyone else seen this?

Here is a message I have received. I am suspicious because of the way it is worded. Anyone else seen this or have any info?

Philip James is the name on the email. Here is the text:

May i know if the male on the ads still available? if yes get back to me with the least price u are selling

As for the payment do you accept the US money orders? Am Located in 186 Willow Grove St. Hackettstown. N. J. 07840 and i will handle the shipment because i have a reliable shipper who will come an pick it up for me and will ship via Airlines

if my Offer is Acceptable to you. get back to me with your Name ,Contact Address and Phone Number, so that i can send the payment to you as soon as possible.

Am looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Re: Suspicious email--anyone else seen this?

Many times, just delete. SCAM

Thought so.

Thanks.

MWK

Yes - it is a scam!!!! I have had several of those.

Re: Suspicious email--anyone else seen this? (edited response)

That address is a restaruant called Stells G's (Hackettstown isn't very far from me). I don't know if there is an apartment above it or not, but, like the others have said, it definitely sounds like a scam.

ETA- I Googled the name, too. The only thing that came up in the area was a private school about 20 miles from Hackettstown.

Dont even respond either, or else they will actually be able to confirm your email address. And do you more pain than good, like getting as far as changing your credit card information etc.

Put their email address on your blocked list.

When I get an inquiry I always check Google Street View to first see if the address they are saying exists. I always do a Google Search on the person, as many people post on forums about past scams. And also check with fellow breeders like you did here.

I have experienced this with dog inquiries, apartment inquiries etc.

I just got one of these messages today.

Just delete, don't reply. I bet many 100's got it as a computer churned them out for hours.

It's not a big deal unless you contact them. Forget it happened and make sure the email address is not in your contacts now. Check your address book and delete them if they are.

yes i just got one as well. almost identical. was very suspicious so i googled the crap out of the name and address and brought me here to this post. i am selling pups and the us money order was weird. this is a scam and thanks to you i know to not go any further. thank you.

I fail to understand why people don't just delete these emails.

why post them here.

Do you really expect to get a response that it is a ligitimate buyer?

Uggggg..........

Maybe they post to warn others about a buyer that isn't legitimate?

I've never received that email and would know what to do with it but not everyone does *duh*.

I get one or two just like this every single time I advertise a kitten or puppy. There are plenty of professional scammers out there! I like the ones that ask for your checking acct info so they can deposit the funds right into your checking account for you!

To warn you
Maybe they post to warn others about a buyer that isn't legitimate?

I've never received that email and would know what to do with it but not everyone does *duh*.

Scam Artists
I get one or two just like this every single time I advertise a kitten or puppy. There are plenty of professional scammers out there! I like the ones that ask for your checking acct info so they can deposit the funds right into your checking account for you!

I think anyone that posts it is giving all of us warning that they recieved it. I have personally thanked them many times.

The OP might be curious why and how the person contacted them specifically. So no *Duh* about it, they could stop 1 of us from replying that doesn't know they're scammers or are having fun playing jokes.

20 & more years ago, I used to get emails that were spammed from a fake Blackamoor address, sometimes appearing to be the actual. My guess is he got virused lots of the time b/c I wouldnt have been in his, of all breeders address books. I never used his stud dogs and had no contact with him what so ever.

If it worries you alot; send it off to the FCC and abuse AT your ISP, cutting and pasting the header of into the email located under properties.

Since my website is gone, I get no more dog or puppy spam. I even check my webmail spam folder. Nothing in the spam folder related to labs.

Since I dumped my website, not a single email attempt from the fake Blackamoor email thankfully. It was a pain to recieve those often.

Leave these kind posters be please *duh*, they're trying to help us & get information for goodness sakes. Stop being so critical. I know you think it works but all good is meant by it JMHO.

I live at a address in Hackettstown that Phillip James is using...it is a scam...he does not live in Hackettstown and probably is a fake name...contact your local police dept should Phillip James contact you.

I have been interacting with this individual for a week ater the first email I google him and found your info on him He is a scammer. I called the attorney genneral and filed a report. I have been stringing him along for a week. so I could get info on him here are the emails so others can see the same wording on it. DO NOT INTERACT WITH THIS GUY HE IS A SCAMMER thanks for the info hope this saves others from being scammed
email 1
May i know if the male on the ads still available? am okay with the price u are selling for $500

As for the payment do you accept the US money orders? Am Located in 342 Willow Grove St, Hackettstown NJ 07840 and i will handle the shipment because i have a reliable shipper who will come an pick it up for me and will ship via Airlines

if my Offer is Acceptable to you. get back to me with your Name ,Contact Address and Phone Number, so that i can send the payment to you as soon as possible.
email 2

i want to let you know that the money orders will be sent via Fedex and note that the amount on the money orders will be excess fund $950 which will Include My shipper's funds cause his out of the State for delivery of goods.

i will email you the tracking as soon as i sent the payment, and i will be responsible for the shipment cause i have a reliable shipper who will come for the pick up and also do the arrangements for the shipment via airlines

i will let you know when i locate my shipping agent so that you can send him the remaining extra fund for him to get his way down to our place and have the pup shipped and the used car i bought in your location

you will need to help get a health Certificate from your Vet which will cost $50 and am paying for it in addition for the puppy

email 3
I want to make Full Payment for the pup now, i will get back to you with Tracking # for the Package also with my Shipper Info for you to send the Extra Funds to her and she will come for the Pick up of the Pup After November 9

email 4 this is where he is setting up to get my money:
Am happy to inform you that payment has been mailed to you through Fedex and Tracking # is 8664 1583 7947. I am sure you will receive it Today

All you have to do as soon as you receive the MO today, take it to your Bank for Instant Cash and not else where to avoid further delay, as soon as you cash the MO today, deduct payment as agreed .
After you have CASH the Money Orders Instantly at your Bank Today, then go to a Moneygram Location nearest to you and wire the Extra Funds to my shipper on Next Minutes Moneygram Wire transfer Today after deducting Moneygram Charges from the remaining Funds.

Here is my shippers information you should Do the Wire Transfer To:

NAME.... Nicanor Fernandez deleon
ADDRESS...... 2121 E Poppy St, Long Beach, CA 90805

Get back to me with the Moneygram Reference # and senders name Today also with exact amount sent after deducting Moneygram Wire Transfer Charges

My shipper will contact you as soon she pick the money up.
email 5

My Shipper is in Cali for Delivery of Goods, i need you to Wire my Shipper the Extra Funds Today cause i sent Moneygram Money Orders which should Clear your Bank in 24hrs .

Kindly get back to me with Transfer Info
I found out it could take the bank up to 15 days for it to clear even though the bank will clear the funds right away. I hope this info helps people and hope they catch this person

BEWARE he came after me too same wording but I strung him along to get more info. here is the final email before I told him I called the police and the attorney general I have filed a report also.
THIS A DEFINATE SCAM HERE IS THE LAST EMAIL HE SENT ME

FINAL EMAIL"
Am happy to inform you that payment has been mailed to you through Fedex and Tracking # is 8664 1583 7947. I am sure you will receive it Today

All you have to do as soon as you receive the MO today, take it to your Bank for Instant Cash and not else where to avoid further delay, as soon as you cash the MO today, deduct payment as agreed .
After you have CASH the Money Orders Instantly at your Bank Today, then go to a Moneygram Location nearest to you and wire the Extra Funds to my shipper on Next Minutes Moneygram Wire transfer Today after deducting Moneygram Charges from the remaining Funds.

Here is my shippers information you should Do the Wire Transfer To:

NAME.... Nicanor Fernandez deleon
ADDRESS...... 2121 E Poppy St, Long Beach, CA 90805

Get back to me with the Moneygram Reference # and senders name Today also with exact amount sent after deducting Moneygram Wire Transfer Charges

My shipper will contact you as soon she pick the money up.

My Shipper is in Cali for Delivery of Goods, i need you to Wire my Shipper the Extra Funds Today cause i sent Moneygram Money Orders which should Clear your Bank in 24hrs .

Kindly get back to me with Transfer Info

HE IS VERY PUSHY ABOUT WANTING ME TO SEND THE MONEY RIGHT AWAY