Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shirley Chambers Muskelunge Labradors

It truly is with a sad Heart, that I announce the passing of Shirley Chambers of Muskelunge Labradors,most breeders that have been in the breed for a good many years know Shirley and Sonny and knew well of the Muskelunge Labradors, They bred and owned some great ones, that are behind many successfull lines from coast to coast still out there today. If anyne would like to send their condolences you can contact us at our email.
Jerry and Joan Saldana

Re: Shirley Chambers Muskelunge Labradors

God speed , condolences to the family.

I am very saddened to hear of Shirley's passing. Condolences to the Chambers family.

So sad, remember them well.

I remember them from when I showed dogs in Ohio. Shirley and Sonny were such nice people. My condolences to her family.

very sad, prayers to the family

Thanks for posting and sharing this sad news. It allows us all to take a pause and mourn the passing of a classy and wonderful person.

We send our prayers and good wishes to Sonny and his family.

How terribly sad. Thanks for letting us know.

Such sad news to come home to --- losing Shirley Chambers. For so many years Shirley & Sonny were fixtures especially at Miami Valley LRC specialties. Shirley has left wonderful memories behind to us all.
Pauline

Shirleys health had diminished to the point where they were not able to give their all to the dogs, but they still liked hearing what was going on in the labrador community and we have great memories of the many travels and endless laughs we had with them. Their seamingly unconditional friendship serves us as a reminder why we are still involved in this wonderful but sometimes topsy turvy sport.

Being that our first Champion was from their kennel and Shirleys willingness to give of her time and pass on their knowledge to green horns like us meant everything.
We will miss you Shirley

Joan & Jerry

Jerry, so many of us can echo your statement of getting our start from Shirley and Sonny. They were generous to a fault with what they shared with me and so many other people who were just starting out in labradors. I owe them everything I have today.

I will miss her lively spirit and great heart. God Bless you Shirley.

So sorry to hear this... grateful to have seen some of their great dogs of the past. Wonderful contributer to our breed.

Godspeed Shirley.....May God hold close Sonny and all those that Shirleys' passing will leave a hole in there hearts and many little paw prints.
We are loosing too many of the Best in Labs...it's sad for all of us.

Bought my first Black male from Shirley and Sonny in 1991. I had no idea about a Good LAB or a good Lab kennel. Only took a short time to find out! Duke lived 14 years. We had a Yellow girl ten years who just passed, and looking for an adult female two or three years old. Difficult search as we are picky! Must look and personality of a Muskelunge English! Duke was son of Muskelunge Black Magic, just a wonderful dog and great Duck Dog! Any ideas where to find an adult, please email me.
I was saddened to learn of Shirley's death a month ago....will never forget the rainy day she spent hours with my daughter and I picking out our beloved Duke....a magnificent lady!
Thank you, Patsy Swaino
Copley, Oh.

It warms my heart to have found this post, and to see all the kind words about my Grandma. I miss her all the time. It's hard not to, as I live in her old home. Many of you may remember me, I was the little guy they took with them everywhere during the summer.

I wanted to add to this thread that Grandpa, aka Sonny, passed away on September 11th of this year (2014). He lost the battle to cancer, however I pray he's in heaven with Grandma now.

Thank you all for the kind works, it means the world to me.

God bless,

Buck Chambers

Oh, Jerry I am so sad to hear of Shirley's passing. I remember meeting her many years ago. She was very gracious. My condolences to her family and to her friends, and to you and Joan, who knew her well.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. I am sure She had a warm welcome at the bridge.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Losing another Chocolate lover. RIP

I am deeply sorry to hear this news. Another of our own greeted by the labs of Rainbow Bridge, I'm
sure Bucky was at the front welcoming her. RIP Shirley. Just read Sonny has also passed so sending nt thoughts and prayers to the family.Pl

Hi Buck,

I sure do remember you running around at all the Specialties with your Grandma and Grandpa! They were both wonderful people and I am happy to hear that you found this thread.

warmest regards,
Jill
ps: gosh...that was a long time ago...betcha you're not that little skinny kid any longer. ;-)