Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best dog friendly hotels for North Conway, NH shows?

Never been. Any advise where to stay (cheap), or where not to stay? Is there a host hotel?

Re: Best dog friendly hotels for North Conway, NH shows?

I may be prejudice because this is my hometown, but North Conway is beautiful and full of places to stay, many dog friendly. I copied the link to the premiumhttp://www.infodog.com/prm/184/prm184.pdf#pagemode=bookmarks and hopefully it will work for you. There are a number of places listed and you can always call the Chamber of Commerce at 1-877-948-6867 they are exceedingly helpful and committed to making sure you enjoy your stay. There really isn't a host hotel because the show is held in an old cow field by the Saco River. Our only drawback is traffic and lots of it, in the fall. If you want to send me an email I will give you the local scoop on how to avoid the worst of it.

Re: Best dog friendly hotels for North Conway, NH shows?

Well you do live closer to the show site then I do but even though I am further North, the directions provided are very adequate for people to get to us. We have yet to get a complaint that they could not get to show site. The traffic is heavy as there is another event in town and this is a resort area- so plan accordingly.

And I may stand corrected but I believe Dr. Hussey's field has always been a hay field still hayed but given to the town a number of years ago with a provision we could always have our shows there. The good doc (vet) was one fo the founding members of the club.

Our only issue is we have lost parking spaces because of restrictions placed by the town that we could not make them change even with gentle attorney representation so we do ask for respectfull parking and if an area is marked NO PARKING please respect. We would not want the town fathers to give any further problemsSo we close tomorrow at noon----

Jeanne