Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any ideas where to get shadow box that will hold 2 BIS rosettes? (LOL Not for me)

First, sending congrats out to my wonderful friend Kathy at Honadore Labradors. Kissy (Can. Ch. Honadore's Kiss N Tell) won another Best In Show at the Thousand Islands KC show on August 21, 2011 ! She also won 2 group 1st and two Group 2nd placements this same weekend!

Kissy is a grand daughter of my Grace, so I'm a lil bit proud and extremely happy for Kathy! Anyway, I told Kathy I'd ask around for where she might get a nice shadow box, or any other suggestions for preserving yet displaying those beautiful big rosettes!

Re: Any ideas where to get shadow box that will hold 2 BIS rosettes? (LOL Not for me)

Kudos to her & congrats! Check at local craft/hobby stores.

Re: Any ideas where to get shadow box that will hold 2 BIS rosettes? (LOL Not for me)

I took rosette, certificate, and photo to a framing shop. They can custom design mats to fit around the rosette. I was able to pick mat colors, frame type and color, and layout.

It's not cheap, but if you want to commemorate those "special wins" it's a beautiful way to do it!

Try googling Graphic Dimensions. I do all my own matt cutting and framing. I've ordered dozens of all sorts of frames from them. I get their catalog. They have shadow boxes. Some frames are already sized and most you can do custom. I buy glass at Lowe's, or Home Depot. Congratulations!

Michael's does a BEAUTIFUL job framing in a shadowbox. We had McSeamy's Potomac ribbon framed this past year and we were in near tears when we saw it completed.

I waited until Michael's had a sale on framing at 60% and got a ery high end frame done with a triple matte. It looks FABULOUS!

Congrats on the big wins!
Michael

I'm sorry. The correct spelling is Graphik Dimensions, not Graphic. I double checked their website and they have oodles of shadow box frames. You can also order matts. I've done business with them since 1987.

Thanks for these great suggestions! I'm sending the link to this thread to Kathy so she can read suggestions and congrats!

I'm still without internet at home, so only getting to jump on at the office to read. Frustrated with Verizon, no dialtone on land line phone for 9 days, then supposedly fixed, but now lots of noise on line (can barely hear talking, so using cell phone instead) and no internet at all... problems since Aug. 5 (day before the strike began). Still waiting for service after probably 20 calls to Verizon.