know off hand if these cleaners are okay for
pregnant girls?

* chlorhexidine (TrizChlor 4) cleaners
* Ketoconazole .3% in Pharmaseb Flush

can't find anything on the net so I used
* Vet solutions (

tia

Re: pregnant girls ear cleaning

I would never use anything except Nolvassan Otic Ear Cleaner. Especially Ketonazole which is used for yeast infections and can have side effects. I used Panalogue years ago on a bitch and she had two puppies with cleft palate that I had to put down. So our bitch with puppies now has been having a little ear problem so the Repro vet said nothing but keep clean till the bitch is done nursing. Just what I know ellie

With my last litter, vet sent home steroid shot and drops for horrible ear yeast infection. I just did not feel comfortable using steroids with a pregnant girl, so even though I had just paid $110 for them, I pitched them.

I wiped out ear thoroughly 1 time only with straight bleach. Problem immediately resolved. 9 healthy happy pups are now 20 weeks old, all doing fine. Yeast infection never returned in mom.

They are not safe for pregnant females. You should not use them.
Mix half alcohol half white vinegar and that will take care of any infection. If you don't like the smell of vinegar, you can replace for boric acid. It is a powder, so just 1 tablespoon for every 2 ounces of alcohol.

I mix the boric acid powder with Witch Hazel-less irritating than alcohol.