Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty - October 20th and 21st

Days Inn, 1260 US Route 22 East, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
908-526-9500

The judges for the Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty which will be held October 20th and 21st
are

Thursday, October 20th

Jo Fleming, Blackwater - Intersex, Dogs & Non-Regular
Jon Roger Sauge, Mambrinos - Bitches
Rusty Howard, Waterberry - Sweepstakes & Veteran Sweeps
Hal Bierman - Junior Showmanship
Carole Artim - Obedience/Rally

Friday, October 21st

Jon Roger Sauge, Mambrinos - Intersex, Dogs & Non-Regular
Jo Fleming, Blackwater - Bitches
Allison Bates, I Spy - Sweepstakes & Veteran Sweeps
Patricia Scully - Obedience/Raly

Show Site Hospitality will include coffee, tea and assorted baked goods available to all exhibitors compliments of MJLRC both Thursday and Friday morning

Complimentary lunch will be served on Thursday, October 20th by the MJLRC'S EXHIBITOR APPRECIATION COMMITTEE.

Baker's Treat delicious fare such as chicken pot pie and veggie chili will be available for purchase on Friday for lunch

SPECIAL EVENTS

MJLRC brings back our "DOGGIE COSTUME CONTEST" which will be held Thursday afternoon.

MJLRC's first annual "MONSTER MASH" on Thursday night includes a "BOTTLE AUCTION". So conjure up your creative juices and design a bottle for the auction. Humans are encouraged to arrive in costume, but this is optional.

Of course our famous raffle will be held on Thursday.

GARAGE SALE TO BENEFIT EPILEPSY RESEARCH

We will be holding a 2nd garage sale to benefit epilepsy research at our show. We will be looking for used dog items, or dog related items. If you have anything that you would like to donate to the garage sale please bring the items to the show and you will be given a ticket(s) for a chance on a very exciting, desirable item.

Every penny from the garage sale will go directly to the researchers at the University of Missouri. The labrabor community has provided blood from 25+ sibling pairs and the initial mapping study is underway. More is needed! This is a great way to help the effort to devise a test for epilepsy and also to get rid of things you no longer use that are taking up space and gathering dust. Please contact Joan McInnis via jmcinnis@oncore.com for more information.

CONCESSIONS

Vendors are strongly encouraged to contact Rose DeMario-Bednarz at demarz@hotmail.com to learn about our special offer for concession space.

Due to the close timing of the National and our show, Mary and Michael Wiest, Brookside Kennels of Warren, NJ (which is five minutes from the show site) are offering a fantastic deal for boarding and/or care of your labradors during the week of the specialty. Please contact Mary or Michael Wiest for details at marylabs@optonline.net

We hope that everyone can make it and enjoy each others company along with enjoying the fall scenery.

Re: Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever Club Specialty - October 20th and 21st

My husband got there a day ahead of me last year and had our 2 dogs in their crates in the room. He went to meet me and when we got back the Indians had locked us out of the room! No note...just locked us out. I had made the reservation and wasn't aware of the no dogs rule. My husband checked in and never thought that the hotel hosting the speciality would have an anti-dog policy. They hadn't in the past. I found it embarrassing and was worried about my girls when they locked the door and we couldn't get in. I am sure they think they got the last word. We went to the desk and paid the $100 fee and were allowed back in our room.

That's it. We won't be back. They got the last word...that works great in business

Sometimes things just work out for the best. I will be happy to be at the show minus a couple of people who make bigoted comments no matter what the reason.

never thought that the hotel hosting the speciality would have an anti-dog policy.[/quote

"never thought", "didn't ask" .. can't blame the club for you not thinking to ask if their rules have changed. Never assume a "hosting" hotel allows dogs. Hosting often only means a hotel/motel is close by the site. Too bad you're being childish and feel it's not worth going. Mid Jersey is a great show and a great club. You're really missing out on a fabulous show.

Sorry for your experience. I know it's no fun when something comes up that you didn't expect, it happens to all of us. Our host hotel does not have an antidog policy, but like many, they charge an added fee to have dogs in the room. Club members do not like this any more than the exhibitors, but we love this venue so this is what it is. Everytime you make a reservation with a hotel, wether it is for a dog show or a family vacation, it is YOUR responsibility to check pet policies. We all work extremely hard to put on this big show, to give the exhibitors great judges, free food, fun events and hopefully good memories of a great weekend but things happen (and will probably continue to come up) that are beyond our control. Hope you change your mind and join us again in October but if all you can see are faults and reasons why you shouldn't come then obviously you need to make other plans or that weekend.

not me this year
My husband got there a day ahead of me last year and had our 2 dogs in their crates in the room. He went to meet me and when we got back the Indians had locked us out of the room! No note...just locked us out. I had made the reservation and wasn't aware of the no dogs rule. My husband checked in and never thought that the hotel hosting the speciality would have an anti-dog policy. They hadn't in the past. I found it embarrassing and was worried about my girls when they locked the door and we couldn't get in. I am sure they think they got the last word. We went to the desk and paid the $100 fee and were allowed back in our room.

That's it. We won't be back. They got the last word...that works great in business

I would love to go back to the MJLRC show, but only if they can promise me that veterans will be done in the hotel hallway again, like it was soooooo many years ago.

Is there a point to your comment Joanne ? because those exhibitors that were not there will not remember the huge rain and wind storm, the flooding ground and the tents that had become unsafe to stand under.

WTF---what unusual initials.

?
WTF---what unusual initials.
I agree and what a cruddy post too. There's no reason to use that language here.