Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LQ, Ads, Photos, etc

I just wanted to comment to those that pay top dollar for ads in the LQ. First off there were many in this latest stud issue that were really fantastic - gorgeous photos and wonderful composites. They were a feast for the eyes. Nicely done.

Secondly I love seeing new photos - ones I haven't seen anywhere before - not on websites, online ads, FB, or in the last 3 LQ stud issues. I saw quite a few in this issue and those really stood out to me - a real treat.

For those that reuse the same photo - save your money - you are wasting it. We've seen the same photo over and over again. Also some reuse nice photos yes but others reuse terrible photos. One dog in particular I've seen this photo of him so many times - it's not a side shot nor a full front on and it's awful yet there he is in the LQ stud issue year after year and the owners waste their money on a full color ad and ads of his kids as well.

I saw a few photos that were not flattering of decent dogs. Make certain you have a good shot before paying someone for the photos and for the ads and get a few opinions and not just yours and the photographer (who may not know what the heck they are doing in relation to getting the correct angle for a particular dog).

I have to comment to on the dogs that were in the latest issue that are clearly field dogs - I'm not coming down on them and they deserve their merit but are they really "American champions and grand champions"???

Re: LQ, Ads, Photos, etc

I'd say the same thing about the photos on the Spotlight ads...

Has this issue of the LQ finally come out? I've been waiting and waiting, and haven't seen it yet.

You are being way to critical. Do you have anything nice to say? I guess not! At least people are advertising some of their nice dogs. Which ad is yours in the LQ? Without those who are advertising there would be no LQ.

Critic

I have to comment to on the dogs that were in the latest issue that are clearly field dogs - I'm not coming down on them and they deserve their merit but are they really "American champions and grand champions"???

It's called Labrador Quarterly isn't it. And aren't we always harping on the fact that the field dogs never participate on the breed ring side of the game? So why diss them when they do show up? I for one like to see the working dog. It gets kind of boring to look at the pigadors that win in the ring but would die of cardiac arrest if asked to run a Junior Hunter mark.

"pigadors"

Also critiquing
I'd say the same thing about the photos on the Spotlight ads...

And what is the problem with the spot light ads? I think it is a wonderful display of some nice dogs. With a look at some nice new young boys coming up.

LOL
"pigadors"

"pigadors"

Some people are never happy. Those people that placed substandard adds help keep the LQ going. Ignore what you don't like and enjoy what you do.

I don't think any of the ads are substandard, but I do sometimes wonder why people use unflattering pictures of their dogs that highlight bad fronts, toplines, etc. But then I think, well, at least I can see that those things may be issues, rather than looking at photos that hide it.

Tracy
Has this issue of the LQ finally come out? I've been waiting and waiting, and haven't seen it yet.

I have not received my LQ yet. Hope I get it soon. I love the pics of stud dogs, and also love reading the new articles:)

waiting
Tracy

I have not received my LQ yet. Hope I get it soon. I love the pics of stud dogs, and also love reading the new articles:)

I am still waiting too

sad in the mid atlantic
waiting
Tracy

I am still waiting too

Cindy from Hoflin called today and said it was mailed on Saturday last week, and said to allow a month.

Maybe it will be in the mail today or tomorrow.

The spotlite ads are real nice, too

I received my LQ on Monday out West.

Got it yesterday. Spent the evening perusing...

Well critic why don't you call Don Hoflin and get yourself a job as advertising editor. Then when people send in their ads you can tell them to save their money. I'm sure they will appreciate your advise.

I am in MO, and i will do not have my LQ