Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Possibly starting a new LRC!!!!

I am thinking of possibly starting a new Labrador Retriever Club. I am curious if anyone knows where to find information on how to start? I was reading the AKC Club Formation rules but I am not sure exactly where to start? Does any of the other head club members that have started a club know where I can start?

Thanks ahead of time

Re: Possibly starting a new LRC!!!!

I would call the AKC and find out if they are ALLOWING any new clubs right now. I am the VP of a sporting dog club that is going through sanctioning right now, and last time we got an update from AKC they aren't approving any new clubs for the time being. Maybe it's different for different parts of the country. They also told us that already sanctioned clubs weren't allowed to add any new days to their current schedule due to lowered entries.

So if you are really interested, I would spend some time on the phone with AKC before you do too much leg work.

There is currently a moratorium on starting new clubs. Maybe it is different for specialty clubs but it is for all breed clubs.
If you goon their web site you can link to clubs and e-mail or maybe event get to talk with a real person.

Jeanne

Not sure right now is the best time economically to add yet another regional club. Good luck to you.