Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wendy and North Conway

I think Wendy ahd North Conway have a dark cloud over it.

A number of years ago, Wendy was going to judge sweeps in North Conway. At theat time LRCGB was the supported entry - their distance is just enough that they can have that. AKC does limit how far a club can be out of area to be able to hold sweeps-- again not our decision.

Anyway I think Wendy had been asked the year before and although she was approved her ocntract was for sweeps. She had a bitch ready to whelp and so she brought her along... just in case... Well the bitch went into labor and had some puppies Saturday night but was not over but was not progressing. I made the decision to send two experienced club members to assist the bitch so Wendy could do the sweeps judging. The bitch had to be taken to Dr. Hussey ( the field is named after him) ended up with a c-section, loss of puppies and a spay but survived.
Wendy was eternally grateful to Dr. Hussey for saving her bitch and for the club members who made things happen smothly. This is the type of club we are.

I know we were going to send cards from all of us to Wendy but that can't happen. You can either send me something I can cut and paste which is what I was going to do with people who were not coming but were sending wishes. We can still do it.

Also if someone has the address of the Rehab hospital in Salem, let me know.