Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BALLS

I am looking to find medium sized balls for my dogs to play with that won't get destroyed in 30 seconds. Any suggestions for Lab proof balls?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: BALLS

Have you tried the orange and blue rubbery Chuckit balls? They're more pricey for some, but they seem to survive chewing. They float too!

Kong makes a pretty tough ball. It's the only ball my sister's Golden hasn't destroyed. Are they too big?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jolly-Pet-TEASER-BALL-8-inch-Dog-Toy-Blue-/200644882254#vi-content

This is not for playing fetch. It is strictly for the dog(s) to play with. My dogs are nuts over them and they last around 2 years.

Try Planet Dog Balls...they're great! I must say the Subject title certainly got my attention (WINK)

Zogoflex Huck balls are pretty durable, I love all the Zogoflex toys for my dogs.

http://www.dogtuff.com/west-paw-design.html?gclid=CKW_3IHjhKsCFRt3gwodxwhNyw

My guys love their Bounce and Play balls from Jolly Ball. I get at least two years play out of each. The best size is the large, but the small is good too. They did manage to kill the medium size for some reason.

We buy the Puw-zzle Balls at Cabela's online. I just leave it out in the dog yard so they can play with it when I'm not out there throwing it for them. The only other toys I can leave outside that the dogs won't destroy are those Racket Balls ( spelling ? ) Nyla bones. Just this morning I go outside and find stuffing and rubber parts to something the dogs found. Probably something in the house they snuck out.

We have quite a few soccer balls out in the play yard, they hold up very well! We just let a little air out so the dogs can grip them (but they can still roll) and they are good to go. We also have 2 jolly balls, a tug-n-pull ball by jolly ball, a honey comb like rubber ball and they have their tire tug but that is the LEAST liked toy because it doesn't roll lol.

KONG Air Dog Squeakair Tennis Ball Bulk Dog Toy, Medium, Yellow

It's LARGER than a regular tennis ball, no worries about it getting stuck in the throat of a moderate dog like the Lab. It squeaks, floats in the water and is good on the ground. I keep a dozen total for 5 dogs and they're all in good shape.

There are other tennis style toys, a bowling pin and other shapes. They hold up with my dogs. Search for your best deal if you like the idea of it.

12 balls

KONG Air Dog Squeakair Tennis Ball Bulk Dog Toy, Medium, Yellow

Pretty sure this was the one that we tried. Dogs absolutely LOVED the squeak and I loved the fact that it didn't have abrasive coating to wear down teeth. Unfortunately, it died disappointingly fast.

I just checked on Amazon, and it got a lot of bad reviews there.

Thumbs down on this product.

But have you tried SCHWEDDY Balls???? any dog will go for them!
http://www.benjerry.com/flavors/our-flavors/