Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First time showing at a Specialty

I've only shown at AB shows up to this point. Any helpful hints/comments for my first Specialty show?

Re: First time showing at a Specialty

sit back and enjoy the dogs being shown before, during and after you leave the ring.

Mainly just have fun!

Free baiting is typically used more at a specialty than at an all breed show. Relax, meet people, watch and listen

Prepare for a GOOD TIME!!! English slip leads are used more commonly, but don't hesitate to use what works best for YOUR DOG! Free baiting is much more preferred and casual dress is optional! Nice slacks or jeans...something with pockets with your top. Prepare for the weather! Enjoy

Prepare for a GOOD TIME!!! English slip leads are used more commonly, but don't hesitate to use what works best for YOUR DOG! Free baiting is much more preferred and casual dress is optional! Nice slacks or jeans...something with pockets with your top. Prepare for the weather! Enjoy

Is there an online store where I can get an English sip lead?

Is there an online store where I can get an English slip lead?

Wear old clothes.

There are usually plenty at the show for sale. Also check out the Alvalley leads. I think the link is on the Wiscoy site?

Yup
There are usually plenty at the show for sale. Also check out the Alvalley leads. I think the link is on the Wiscoy site?

The Alvalley leads are great. Let Alfredo know it's your 1st specialty and let him advise you. I would buy 2 to be prepared. He's priced nicely, leads are of excellent quality and he's helpful.

No charms in the way to worry about, a well made, basic nylon slip lead of different widths and colours.

http://alvalley.com/index.php Awesome, a few specials for the holiday weekend. I'm off to order too. Down the road, get a nice braided leather but don't do it now, start with the nylon slip leads.

Good luck at the specialty and have lots of fun as you were recommended to already!