Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question on relaxin

I understand how the test works and how to read it.

I figure we are between day 28 - 30.
first five minutes the activating line appeared.
I waited the 10 minutes and the second line did not appear, but at 15 minutes a faint second line did appear.

Does the second line always appear the longer it sits?
or would this line only appear if pregnant.

Re: question on relaxin

It happened to me once and she had a singleton

Jeanne

I know the insert says it can detect pregnancy this soon, but having false negatives with BIG litters (9-12 pups!) at day 30, I now wait until 31 days after the LAST breeding (which is usually 4 days post ovuation). Mine have been accurate every time when I wait this long.

guess what I am trying to figure out is when you let the test sit, even a false reading.

will the second line fill in anyways over to time? or will it only fill in if it is positive?

preggers?
guess what I am trying to figure out is when you let the test sit, even a false reading.

will the second line fill in anyways over to time? or will it only fill in if it is positive?

i had the test ran on my girl at day 25, and it was positive, not a real dark line, but you could see if right away. my girl is due sept 20. she is a good size, and has a couple weeks to go.

also, i had a test on one of my girls last year, and it was negative, i waited a week later (app 32 days) and it was positive. she only had 2 puppies.

i do not believe a line will appear on a negative test.

I have never had a test that I run, which came out negative, develop a 2nd line with time.

so I guess that means she should be pregnant.
time will tell :O)