Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what to enter a finished veteran in?

For those of you who like to show their finished veterans, how do you enter them at specialties?
Vet Sweeps and BOB or Vet Sweeps and Reg Vets?
Or any other combination?
Thinking of entering my Veteran Ch and not sure what to enter!
Thanks!

Re: what to enter a finished veteran in?

Is your veteran spayed/neutered? If he/she is still intact you can enter in BOB. If your dog is spayed/neutered you would enter sweeps and the appropriate veteran class.

He is not neutered. Thanks!

If I were you I would enter in veterans. Your dog is already finished. If you win you'll end up in BOB anyway.

This is what I thought but someone else felt entering in BOB was the way to go.
I am just doing it for fun honestly, I don't care if we win! LOL

Enter him in veteran sweeps and BOB. That way if he does not take his veteran class, he will still be in BOB. That will leave you with more time to enjoy the show too.

If you're just entering for fun then enter the sweeps and veteran class. Unlike you, I enter to win and then have fun. This hobby is way to expensive to "just have fun and not care". The veterans are very special ... everyone loves to watch them. Why not allow your dog to be part of that special group.

I am not sure how to take that so I'll assume you didn't mean to be abrasive.
I do enter to win, but this boy has nothing to prove. He is finished long ago and over 7. I thought it would be fun to let him have fun and go back in the ring.
I have other dogs entered who I entered to win.

Marjorie
If you're just entering for fun then enter the sweeps and veteran class. Unlike you, I enter to win and then have fun. This hobby is way to expensive to "just have fun and not care". The veterans are very special ... everyone loves to watch them. Why not allow your dog to be part of that special group.

If it's the same judge in vet & BOB, then I'd enter vet for the fun of it. If there's a dog who beats you there, the same dog would beat you if you only entered breed assuming the judge would judge them the same. If it's a different judge, then who knows?

Hmmmm?
I am not sure how to take that so I'll assume you didn't mean to be abrasive.

I'm not being "abrasive", just being honest. I'm in it to win it. Fun just happens to go along with it.

I'd enter in veterans.

Just remember, even if you were to enter in both BOB and Veterans, once defeated in Veterans you can't take him into BOB. You probably know this, but just thought I'd mention it.

Thank you. I have entered my boy in Veterans. If he makes it to BOB thats fine, if not, oh well.
Nothing to prove just want to give the ole' boy a day at the shows again