Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roomba....anyone use one?

I admit I am getting older and lazy. So I am looking at the Roomba (or any other model of automated vacuum), but don't know how well they work in a three-dog household.
Of course, I would still do regular full size vacuuming, I am just looking for something to help in between times.

Re: Roomba....anyone use one?

My daughter got one for Christmas and has stopped using it. It keeps getting caught on things - rugs, chairs, table legs, etc. When it works it is really great, but........

JanisG
My daughter got one for Christmas and has stopped using it. It keeps getting caught on things - rugs, chairs, table legs, etc. When it works it is really great, but........

I've had the same experiences Jan but possibly worse with my nearly new iRobot Roomba 760. I paid $400 on sale for it.

Roomba doesn't stand behind their products. They find something bizarre they claim the consumer did for defects in the machine. I asked for a replacement and received nothing but the non working Roomba. I only used it in the formal Living and Dining Rooms that don't have much dog hair like the Great Room and Kitchen. When I tried it in those rooms once it was clogged within 6 minutes & I vacc'd the night before.

Save your money Susan M., don't buy it. This was my second Roomba. I figured they were doing better in 4 years. That's not the case.

I'm happy with my Dyson Ball unit although it has to be pushed. The ball makes it easier to move it around. I have a maid come every 2 weeks now instead. My maid bought a Dyson for home and business after using mine. She loves it.

Don't let your maid spill those beans to Dyson if she needs any service work. I need to call Dyson again on my DC19 animal. The last time I called, I had the most arrogant service rep imaginable. I explained to her that my dyson was extremely loud, and rumbling (even squealing), esp if on commercial type carpet. Immediately she lit into me accusing me of using it in commercial situations! No.....but I do have commercial rug runners in my garage and commercial type carpet in my home office. She refused to let me take it into their service shop to be looked at, and instead dx'd a bad belt over the phone. Well, $18 for that belt w/ shipping and handling, I now see that the REASON for the belts going bad is that the beater bar is not attached to the unit tightly (I'm thinking the spring is stretched?). What a B!!! I'll keep toasting belts w/ that. But what an attitude. She was ready to call me out on ANY warranty work just because I dared to own some commercial grade carpet. :(

Norfolk Terriers REALLY like the Roombas!

So does our 7 yr old English Mastiff.......... Needless to say.....the Roomba lost big time! I'm all for hiring help if possible. We can't do it all and in my case....it took me a while to come to that realization & accept it.

I have one called the Pet Series, its programmed to run every day. It does not replace the Dyson , but it sure does keep the dog hair and cracker crumbs at bay. I love it !