Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mason's Ken-L door versus Houndquarter's new combo door

We're in the midst of finally building our kennel for our dogs and I'm stumped on dog doors. I've always heard that Ken-L door is the best guillotine door available, but now Houndquarters has a new door that's a combo guillotine door and a door that the dog can operate himself. I like the idea of a combo door on several levels, primarily to keep bugs out during the day and to let each dog decide if he wants in or out. The only time I'd use the guillotine option is when I'm putting them to bed at night.
My questions are has anyone bought and used the new HQ combo door (much more expensive than Mason's) and is there a way to make the Mason Ken-L door a combo door too? Thanks.

Re: Mason's Ken-L door versus Houndquarter's new combo door

Thanks for the info.... Sorry I don't have anything to add for I am also looking for the same type of doors for my kennel room that is being remodeled.

I found these
http://www.moorepet-petdoors.com/Security-Boss-Standard-Kennel-Dog-Doors-s/434.htm

I have Gundog doors. The Kennel is climate controlled so these doors are great. They are also extremely sturdy and chew proof and the dogs can see through them without having to go out and see what the noise was.
You can also get a guillotine door with these that go on the inside of the exterior door.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Gundog doors. Have had them for 3-4 years now. They are everything Midwest said. They are also guaranteed for life!