Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA

Okay I know I read in a post a while back where the OP said that they had received their OFA results a bit later then normal due to the OFA being backed up, in response to a question like mine. BUT I wanted to see if thats changed recently. Sooo has anyone submitted x-rays in the last month, receive them with-in the time stated on the OFFA site (2 to 3 weeks)? I know our last OFA submition we got the results back in 3 weeks but that was back in 2009. We did OFA for 2 of our Labs back in 2006 and we seen their results on the OFA site before getting their certificates. I believe that was also about 3 weeks but I can't be 100% sure. I was just curious if they were still backed up and results were coming back a little later or if things have improved. We did a submission this last week, so we have some time to go, but I thought I would ask!

Re: OFA

I sent in two seperate submission CD's 2 weeks ago and am still waiting?

I just got results in 14 days exactly and prelims in 10.

My prelims took 2 weeks and one day.

finals, 3 weeks to the day - digital sent same day

I got prelims in 10 days.

Thanks! Okay, so it seems 2 to 3 weeks is still average for most. I was worried the delay was like 4+ weeks and I don't know that I could wait that long lol.

I waited almost a month back in Feb./March. Results were well worth the wait though: Excellent and Normal. I had not done any prelims.

Thought I would come back and update this post. I received my girls OFA certificates in the mail last Wed. which was exactly 2 weeks from the time they received her films and 3 weeks from the time her x-rays were taken (I called a week before I received her certificates). As for the results, well I am pleased to say her hips came back OFA Excellent and Normal elbows! Whew, so glad that wait-game is over with lol.

I am still waiting for my digitals - 3 plus weeks!!!!!

I waited almost 5 weeks for beautiful digitals sent the day after they were taken, a few months back. I got the results on the phone at that time. When the written arrived, it was 5.5 weeks.

It sounds like they're taking longer for quite some time now but mine sounded like one of the longest at that time. I look at it this way, although we're anxious for results, better for the films to be looked at well than have them rush through them.

El
I waited almost a month back in Feb./March. Results were well worth the wait though: Excellent and Normal. I had not done any prelims.

Over a month wait in February but Excellent and Normal too. A good way to put a smile on your face after a long wait.