Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LRCP Reservations

The entire process for obtaining reservations for LRCP at the host hotel is a joke.

For starters - Incorrect published information on the club website. Great way to deter a bulk of people to minimize the rat race of phone calls. Only to be then followed-up by a hotel that doesn't answer the phone.

Re: LRCP Reservations

I certainly don't disagree with your frustration...it is rediculous, however given the large number of people who attend this show, it is not surprising how quickly it sells out. We always reserve a back up at the Express just in case we don't get a room at the host. Glad we did this year.

They do answer the phone. I was re-dialling for 30 minutes and finally got through only to find that the caller prior to me had secured the last available room

I got thru on multiple occassions for the hotel to NEVER answer the phone. Then when they finally answered, they put me on hold for 10 minutes, only to then come back and then tell me they were now sold out. There are plenty of people who stay at the host hotel year after year that never make a single call to the hotel themselves and aren't members of LRCP.

Absurd!

The whole reservation process is absurd! It is not so worth it to stay in this dingy motel that is most likely infested with bed bugs anyhow..Try other sites in the future!

There are 155 guest rooms in the property. Obviously, LRCP blocks a group for themselves, judges, overseas guests, etc. A lot of people who called up today will probably end up changing plans.

Just let your friends know you didn't get a room and see what comes available as the show draws nearer. I know several people who have showed up on Tuesday at the show and gone to the front desk and gotten a room!

Let the cone wars begin!

I know someone who throws a few bucks to the staff member who handles the reservations each year to guarantee a room. They don't even have to call to make a reservation.

I was accused of all of the above for the past several years. Well, this year my redial button was not fast enough and I am without a room for the first time. So all you fools who think the whole thing is one big setup, quit your bitching. All this "insider" nonsense, is just that. Nonsense!

LRCP Reservations

Let me start by saying I am at work today. Wrote down the # at home and called at 10:00, wrong #, tried again wrong #. Pull up google.com and find the number call again, busy, busy, busy.
Finally rings forever, patients is a virtue, I got my room. Was sent to voice mail for Suzie and rerouted but I got my room.
Did I mention I was at work and I still got a room.
Seriously folks it really is the luck of the draw.
As a side note last year I was able to book 2 rooms one for me and one for my friend in a wheel chair. This year 1 room per caller only. In my books that makes it even more fair all around.

Thank GOODNESS it was 1 per caller so those selfish people (you know them, they save 10 spots for their friends on Saturday) can't book a block of rooms in one call and then no one else gets a chance!

It should be very interesting in April to see who has rooms next to each other like they always do every year. One room per call - if you believe that I have some great waterfront property in Arizona to sell you!

It should be very interesting in April to see who has rooms next to each other like they always do every year. One room per call - if you believe that I have some great waterfront property in Arizona to sell you!

It amazes me how everyone complains about the same thing EVERY SINGLE YEAR ! Honestly, just be glad that you are able to go in the first place. Think of all of those affected by uncontrollable occurrences that wont be joining us

LRCP Reservations

When you get through to Suzie the call is very quick and she is movin' on. She takes your daytime phone number and credit card information and badaboom badabing we're done. I have gotten a room at the host hotel for the last 3 years by calling in on the right day and just getting lucky I guess. Ask anybody that knows me I am a nobody and I get to stay at the host hotel, go figure. Seriously people have you ever met Suzie? She is so not going to play favourites, I just don't see it. As for the club playing that game, I do know quite a few club members as well and that has never helped me.
JMHO