Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Combating Fleas

I'm getting set to order Flea Products for our 9 dogs of varying weight groups. I am also getting set to breed one of our girls. I usually use Frontline Plus on our pregnant girls and through nursing if we are in flea season.

Frontline has not been working at all the past couple years so I am at a loss as to what to use and am fearful of using anything else on my girls I am going to breed. I shop alot at the Revival website and found Flea and tick product called Fiproguard Plus. It claims it is safe for Pregnant and Nursing dogs. Has anyone used this Fiproguard Plus on pregnant dogs or in general and how do you like it ?

Also, can I use topical Flea products on our stud dog who I am planning on using on my girl in a couple weeks ? I am new to stud dog ownership but I got to thinking of how those chemicals in the topicals could affect the puppies when I breed him to the girls. Does it get into the semen ??

thanks for your help guys !!

Re: Combating Fleas

I guess I'm lucky then. Frontline Plus has been working for me for 9 years in two different locations in Southern California. Hope I didn't just jinx myself!

I recently got an email from Revival that they now have Frontline Spray. I don't know if you can use it in between Frontline applications or if it is meant to use alone, but it may help! Thanksfully *knock wood* I don't have a flea problem here.

http://www.revivalanimal.com/Frontline-Spray.html?a=REV110909&utm_source=Revival+Animal+Health&utm_campaign=bf0d456ef8-2011_09_09&utm_medium=email

Sick of Fleas Already
I'm getting set to order Flea Products for our 9 dogs of varying weight groups. I am also getting set to breed one of our girls. I usually use Frontline Plus on our pregnant girls and through nursing if we are in flea season.

Frontline has not been working at all the past couple years so I am at a loss as to what to use and am fearful of using anything else on my girls I am going to breed. I shop alot at the Revival website and found Flea and tick product called Fiproguard Plus. It claims it is safe for Pregnant and Nursing dogs. Has anyone used this Fiproguard Plus on pregnant dogs or in general and how do you like it ?

I think Frontline Plus and Fiproguard Plus have the same active ingredients; like a generic med. My repro vet said not to use any other spot-on product. Fipronil (not sure of spelling) is the active ingredient that has been tested on pregnant and lactating female dogs and shown to be "safe." One thing that might help is to use something different on all dogs when they are not pregnant or lactating.

I have not ever used the fiproguard plus but it looks like it has the exact same dosage of ingredients as frontline plus and it looks like it would be about $18 cheaper for 6 doses.