Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Progesterone test equipment

I have heard of progesterone test equipments many years ago, that is possible to buy and have at home. And where you can do everything yourself (including drawing blood and analyze the prog level)without sending the blood sample away to a laboratory somewhere.
Are there anyone here knowing what I am talking about, and maybe know where to get this. I guess it is quite expensive, but at least I want to dig into in and see if it is possible at all or not.

Re: Progesterone test equipment

Are you talking about the ZAP canine progesterone test? I don't think it is out yet but you can get information by emailing samantha.rodgers@clinitoxdiagnostix.com

there are several in house testing kits on the market now. All still require you to draw blood, most require a centrifuge. Just Google canine progesterone test
I use Camelot Premate (date to mate) myself.

I had a conversation with a Veterinarian recently and she said the equipment is around $35,000. Ouch! I would try Google and see what you come up with. Let us all know what you find

Sheila Fruge
I had a conversation with a Veterinarian recently and she said the equipment is around $35,000. Ouch! I would try Google and see what you come up with. Let us all know what you find

well she lied to you........

so how much is that kind of equipment?

Sheila Fruge

Well our vet can have the progesterone results in 1 hour after drawing blood. So I think that equipment would be 35k+

I can do the date to mate test in an hour at home with great results and it only cost me about $20 a test.