Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
13 Labradors in shelter

Another sad story. There are 13 Labradors from a breeder in Frankfort, KY that are in the Franklin County Animal shelter. Some are from breeders that we know and they have been notified. On my way to the shelter this AM to see what can be done to make sure these dogs find homes and don't fall through the cracks. They range in age from 8.5 yrs. to 4 months. Hope we can work with this shelter in their placement.

Re: 13 Labradors in shelter

This is very very sad indeed. Who would do such a thing? Has he/she done this before, say recently in TX? I hope the breeders who sold the dogs can recover them and the rest can be placed. This is what gives breeders a bad name. People get all upset about what is ethical when it comes to cross-breeding, but this is about as unethical as they come. I know times are tight right now, but couldn't this breeder ask others for help? SHAME ON THIS BREEDER.

Kudos to you Gail for bringing this to our attention and helping these poor babies. I wish I lived closer as I would help out. Please keep us posted. Thank you for watching over these pups.

Yes, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have cross-posted to the 2 Kentucky Lab Rescues and others.

I sure hope this doesn't have to do with another topic on here a while ago. Some of us made contributions when the breeder dumped dogs. I hope it's not happening again although not saying it is.

I'm out of money between all of my recent donations and the end of month & quarter coming for mine and my husbands new but slowly growing business. It's not a good time or I would once again cough up some monies to help.

It's time for others that haven't yet done so to step up to the plate perhaps in the Ky proximity.

I hope the 13 can all be saved. The younger pups should be easily adopted but the old folksters are going to be much more difficult to place. Very sad.

Where are you seeing any details on these dogs?

Gail Shearer
Another sad story. There are 13 Labradors from a breeder in Frankfort, KY that are in the Franklin County Animal shelter. Some are from breeders that we know and they have been notified. On my way to the shelter this AM to see what can be done to make sure these dogs find homes and don't fall through the cracks. They range in age from 8.5 yrs. to 4 months. Hope we can work with this shelter in their placement.

There are 13 Labradors from a breeder in Frankfort, KY that are in the Franklin County Animal shelter.

8.5 yrs. to 4 months.

Details

There are 13 Labradors from a breeder in Frankfort, KY that are in the Franklin County Animal shelter.

8.5 yrs. to 4 months.

Ok, I found out who this is. Never heard of them although they have some decent dogs. They say they are a small kennel so those 13 dogs must have been all of their kennel. It makes me sad to think that something must of happened and they had to just get rid of the dogs. Too bad they couldn't have called another breeder to help them. Hard times we live in. So let's not judge them unless we know why they had to give up the dogs. Let's just concentrate of saving the dogs. If anyone knows these people personally, please check in on them and make sure they are ok and don't need additional help.

Gail, Please let us know what you found out....and whatever these dogs need right now.

Please let us know at the LRC Rescue task force if you need any help.

Anne

Talked with the shelter director this am. All dogs being transported to a rescue group in Indiana. I made sure she understood that in the future there is a network in Labradors that is second to none that help with this type of situation. There is such a stigma with shelters that all breeding and breeders are bad and this type of situation doesn't help that mindset. Thanks for all the offers for help.