Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
web cam for puppy pen

anyone out there already using a webcam to keep watch on expecting moms or young litters via cell phone or computer?

I need something that does not need to be directly connected to a computer. It can be wireless and connect directly to a wifi box or to my computer that is connected to the wifi.

would love opinions and idea for keeping watch on my girls and puppies while I cant be with them.

Re: web cam for puppy pen

You can hook up your webcam to your computer and broadcast it on one of the web servers that stream live videos like ustream and watch it on your iphone. If you have a blackberry you will need Mobiscope software app. for your phone, $15.

Re: web cam for puppy pen

Re: Puppy Cams?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55:35 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used MareStare for my last two litters. The puppy raisers were very excited to watch the birth and how quickly they grow up. Contact MareStare and they will tell you which cameras you can use. I have a basic Logitech (less than $200) camera and bought a minimum 6-month streaming from MareStare. They remotely installed and set up the software which was great for my non-techy mind. Can't tell you how many e-mails I received from Labrador people all over the world once it was up and running.

It is a small price to pay but you have to remember you are also on the MareStare everytime you step into view. Everyone now knows what my hands, feet and a** look like. We have a litter due Thanksgiving weekend so I'm getting set to do it all again.

Hope you get the details worked out in time. My experience has been nothing but positive.

Terri Keller - Ducktales