Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interdigital cysts

Has anyone ever seen these present on the PAD of the foot. I had a gentleman email from Republic of Georgia(former USSR) and is getting nowhere with his vet. (with his setter cross)
He sent me pictures and the one on the bottom of the dog's foot looks like a cyst, but there is a wound on the top pad also ...I can send pics if nec.
Thanks! BB

Re: Interdigital cysts

My chocolate boy had cysts between in toes and one on a pad. Yukky things! The drain tract always posed itself on the top of his paw and in between his toes. We went the antibiotic route, surgery, foot soaks etc. but they always came back. Finally, laser surgery was the only way to get rid of them. He's been cyst free for a 2 years.

I have an article on interdigital cysts written by Dr. DuClos, the vet derm. that pioneered this surgery. If interested email me and I'll send you a copy.

Good luck with these nasty buggers.

You can also have him check to see if anything is IN the feet. We used to live on property with a type of native grass that gave off TINY foxtail type seeds when it dried late in the summer. You almost never saw them and then all of a sudden the dogs had seepy cysts on their feet. When soaking and draining you would see the seeds. It's worth asking and checking.

Kathy
Tried to email but it was returned, Can you send the article to dcoverly@epix.net
Thanks!!

Yikes! I looked at my email and it is not correct. It's runninggoldoaks@volcano.net. Sorry

Sometimes you never know for sure what it is until it's surgically removed and sent off to pathology lab. Not on the pad of the foot, but I had a senior have what appeared to be a cyst between two toes on a front paw and also a soft puffy lump right above it. Initial needle aspirate before surgery didn't show anything suspicious, but when biopsy path report came back it was mast cell tumor Grade II.

A Labrador that comes to our animal hospital has been plagued by these cysts on his feet for years.He recently began a series of immunoregulin injections and his feet look fantastic!Worth a try!