Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
formula receipe please

my girl is not making enough milk, and I am looking for a realy good formula receipe

They are 3 weeks, and I hav been giving them the Esbilac powder stuff, and I want something better than is not so expensive.

my vet's receipe is
1/2 cup of evaperated milk
1/2 cup water
2 egg yolks
& 1 teaspoon of corn syrup

Re: formula receipe please

Just give them goat's milk mixed with kibble. Soak it, let it mushy and serve it up.

1 Can evaporated milk
1/2 can water
1 cup yogurt
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp mayonaise

I have saved many pups on this. They love it.

Or goats milk in a bottle, we have supplemented many litters with either goats milk in a carton or concentrate in a can.

I supplemented a large little with plain old goats milk. I just made sure all the small pups were getting a couple extra meals from me.

I just bottle-fed a litter of 7 since they were 12 days old. They are now 7 weeks old today. I used this recipe solely until they were 3 weeks old and then started them on mash using the formula as the milk replacer, slowly weaning them off the formula onto just mash and then kibble. I swear by this recipe. It sustained my entire litter, and they are doing extremely well.

1 can whole evaporated milk (do not use "light")
1 can water
1 egg yolk--no whites
1 tsp Karo corn syrup
3-4 heaping tsp whole plain Greek yogurt

Mix well. I feed 1cc/ounce every 4 hours or so, and as they grow spaced the feedings to about every 6-7 hours as they were eating more with each feeding.

I like the Playtex nursing bottles, but make sure you use the newborn slow flow nipple as they can aspirate with a flow too fast. Good luck, and get your rest!