Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website advertising kennels w/o permission

I accidentally discovered that I am listed on this website for selling puppies. I never gave them permission to include me on their website, and when I searched under Labs, saw a lot of kennels listed. It appears they are just taking links to people's websites and listing them as if the breeders had signed up with them to sell puppies. Here is the website if you want to see if you are on it:

http://www.puppywups.com/

The scary part is there is a contact form next to my kennel name where people can supposedly type in questions to me, it is not linked to my email, so where does it go and who is answering?

Re: Website advertising kennels w/o permission

Wow, I see I'm listed too and never signed up for it! I just used their email form to send myself an "inquiry" from my alternate email addy, so we'll see if I get the inquiry I just sent to myself!

I checked it out and I'm on it too.
Doesn't bother me, it just has a link to my website that works correctly so I guess it's free advertising! LOL

I checked it out as well. Although I am not listed I see friends who are. I also saw that Sierra Vista LRC is listed as a breeder. They have a FB page wonder what would happen if people commented on these folks listing breeders without their permission.

Check out some of the others that are listed with you. In California many of the listings are known unethical breeders with very bad reputations. I for one would not want to by associated with them. It might be trite but you can be known by the company you keep.

Well good idea Bad Company, just let the bad breeders be the only visible breeders and go hide in a closet because you're too good for that. LOL
I'll take the free advertising!
If buyers have something to compare (me vs the bad breeders) then GOOD!
PS - I submitted the contact form to myself and I got an email with my message in it within 5 minutes!

Anon Brdr

PS - I submitted the contact form to myself and I got an email with my message in it within 5 minutes!

Three hours since I used their contact email/form and I haven't received anything. Did you get a direct email from your own email addy or did you have to go retrieve the email by logging in on their site??

LOL I wonder if they are screening the inquiries and choosing which ones to pass on. They may not have liked mine because mine was a one liner asking "How did my site get listed here?" I didn't think anyone else would actually read it and it was just something to type as the text of the message to see if it got through to me. I even checked my Trash folder, thinking it might have gone there as spam, but nothing there either.

If they are intercepting email inquiries, I really don't like that practice.

Ok, tried a second "inquiry" 2 hours ago, and nothing forwarded to me on that one either. I'm going to try and contact them and ask for my listing to be removed. It doesn't look good that someone might try to contact a breeder through their contact form and not get a reply to their inquiry (little do they know the breeder may not have actually received their inquiry). I see their site has a Breeder login tab, which had me wondering if you have to login to retrieve messages, but since I've never "joined" that site, I don't have a login.

I also found myself there. I sent an inquiry and got in within a minute.

Breeder

Must just be my listing then. Already asked them to remove my listing since I have no idea where the problem is.

I got a direct email, no logging in, no signing up. They may have your email wrong.

valwhalen
Breeder

Must just be my listing then. Already asked them to remove my listing since I have no idea where the problem is.

Sent myself and inquiry, but did not get a response. Seems to be hit and miss.