Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
outside play area for puppies

Hello everyone,

I need some new ideas for outside play areas for our puppies.

Our puppies are will be moving from the kitchen whelping box to the dining room soon.

we put down a tarp, and large pool with pine chips, and enclose them in with an x pen.

When the weather is nice, we bring them outside to play.

We have a 6 x 18 dog run on concrete, and also have a 6 x 10 puppy pen on grass. Our entire back yard has a privacy fence so we can let them run with supervised.

we also bought some horse rubber mats that we have used in the past. we put them on the concrete in the large dog run.

I need some new ideas, as these type of play areas are kinda hard to keep clean.

we have been doing the same thing so long, I know there has got to be a better way.

thanks

Re: outside play area for puppies

I have a 10x16 kennel pen for the pups that is on grass. It has a dog house, a slide, and filled with toys. Every other day i just move it to a "clean" section of the lawn and just clean up the poop that was in the old section.
I have found that if i go inside the pen, pick up on the fence and move backwards toward a new area then its pretty easy to move. You have to move one side a bit then move another side and go back and fourth but i can do it myself and its not a lot of effort.

Re: outside play area for puppies

If you are looking for a super light frame for your kennel, try the aluminum nurails; nurail.com they offer different diameter of aluminum tubing for your needs. Me I use the 3/4inch thick tubing for my collapsible run. they are super light weight, and very easy to move and put away when you don't need it; you can also use it as an exercise pen at the dog shows; very quick to assemble and disassemble.

Materials needed for single run:

1. 8 pcs. 3/4 inch side outlet tee
2. 4 pcs. 4 feet and 2 inches, 3/4 inch aluminum tube
3. 4 pcs. 3 feet, 3/4 inch thick aluminum tube
4. 4 pcs. 8 feet and 2 inches, 3/4 inch aluminum tube
5. 1 1/2 exercise pen 3 feet high.

with this materials, you'll be able to make a 4feet width x 8 feet long x 3 feet high exercise pen.

if you'll be needing 2 connecting runs, you have to add the following:

1. 4 pcs. 3/4 inch side outlet cross tee
2. 2 exercise pen 3 feet high, instead of 1 1/2 exercise pen.

Be blessed on the shows,

Phil Aperocho