Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Magnet Therapy

I am interested in using Magnet Therapy for My Black Boy with elbow dysplasia.. Has anybody had any luck wiht Magnetic Therapy? I am seeking internet sites to purchase a good collar or system.. Please I would appreciate any suggestiosn YOU have...

Re: Magnet Therapy

yes. I use Nikken products and even saved a still born pup years ago. I never whelp a litter without them.

I have a breeder friend who is a rep for the company. email me if you want her contact info.

Please put magnet therapy for dogs in the subject line.

My mother tried magnets for a month, did nothing for her pain or condition.

Magnetic therapy works great for me. They have magnets for pets. Check the website www.energetix.tv/kay

Invest your hard earned money in something that might help your dog feel better. Maybe a new ortho bed, physical therapy, pain relievers etc.

"Magnet therapy, magnetic therapy, or magnotherapy is an alternative medicine practice involving the use of static magnetic fields. Practitioners claim that subjecting certain parts of the body to magnetostatic fields produced by permanent magnets has beneficial health effects. These claims are both physically and biologically implausible and no effects on health or healing have been established. Although hemoglobin, the blood protein that carries oxygen, is weakly diamagnetic and is repulsed by magnetic fields, the magnets used in magnetic therapy are many orders of magnitude too weak to have any measurable effect on blood flow."

"Perhaps the most common suggested mechanism is that magnets might improve blood flow in underlying tissues. The field surrounding magnet therapy devices is far too weak and falls off with distance far too quickly to appreciably affect hemoglobin, other blood components, muscle tissue, bones, blood vessels, or organs. A 1991 study on humans of static field strengths up to 1 T found no effect on local blood flow. Tissue oxygenation is similarly unaffected. Some practitioners claim that the magnets can restore the body's theorized "electromagnetic energy balance", but no such balance is medically recognized. Even in the magnetic fields used in magnetic resonance imaging, which are many times stronger, none of the claimed effects are observed."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_therapy

A study published in 2009 in Complementary Therapies in Medicine (Therapeutic effects of magnetic and copper bracelets in osteoarthritis: A randomised placebo-controlled crossover trial) came to this conclusion: "Our results indicate that magnetic and copper bracelets are generally ineffective for managing pain, stiffness and physical function in osteoarthritis. Reported therapeutic benefits are most likely attributable to non-specific placebo effects. However such devices have no major adverse effects and may provide hope."

my suggestion
Invest your hard earned money in something that might help your dog feel better. Maybe a new ortho bed, physical therapy, pain relievers etc.

"Magnet therapy, magnetic therapy, or magnotherapy is an alternative medicine practice involving the use of static magnetic fields. Practitioners claim that subjecting certain parts of the body to magnetostatic fields produced by permanent magnets has beneficial health effects. These claims are both physically and biologically implausible and no effects on health or healing have been established. Although hemoglobin, the blood protein that carries oxygen, is weakly diamagnetic and is repulsed by magnetic fields, the magnets used in magnetic therapy are many orders of magnitude too weak to have any measurable effect on blood flow."

"Perhaps the most common suggested mechanism is that magnets might improve blood flow in underlying tissues. The field surrounding magnet therapy devices is far too weak and falls off with distance far too quickly to appreciably affect hemoglobin, other blood components, muscle tissue, bones, blood vessels, or organs. A 1991 study on humans of static field strengths up to 1 T found no effect on local blood flow. Tissue oxygenation is similarly unaffected. Some practitioners claim that the magnets can restore the body's theorized "electromagnetic energy balance", but no such balance is medically recognized. Even in the magnetic fields used in magnetic resonance imaging, which are many times stronger, none of the claimed effects are observed."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_therapy

A study published in 2009 in Complementary Therapies in Medicine (Therapeutic effects of magnetic and copper bracelets in osteoarthritis: A randomised placebo-controlled crossover trial) came to this conclusion: "Our results indicate that magnetic and copper bracelets are generally ineffective for managing pain, stiffness and physical function in osteoarthritis. Reported therapeutic benefits are most likely attributable to non-specific placebo effects. However such devices have no major adverse effects and may provide hope."

you go right ahead and discount this type of therapy,

have you actually used it? the info you provide means nothing if you have not actually tried a magnetic product.

I have seen the miraculous results, Read my first post and have the gonnads to use you're real name.....

Otherwise I have no respect for your advice on this subject

As I said, I know these products and saved a still born pup with one.

There were 3 other witnesses to this wonderful miracle.

If you don't believe in miracles I feel sorry for you, because they happen every day.

You can't shove your beliefs down peoples throats. If you want to use magnets do so. Don't expect everyone else to believe in claimed *miracles* if they don't.

No reason for you to argue over who approves of something you do. Each breeder has the right to their opinion. I don't believe in magnet therapy either and I'm not going to use my name. You don't always use your name either.