Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How many do you see??

I hope the image translates o.k. You may need to enlarge it.

How many puppies???

Re: How many do you see??

7 maybe 8 ?

I counted 9, possibly a 10th.I can't change the resolution here at work so that's my best guess tonite! Good luck!!

I saw nine for sure, looks like a "pot" full to me. :-) Best wishes for an uneventful whelping!

I say 9 possibly 10 as well. Good luck

A LOT :) Congratulations! My guess is she has 12.

It's very difficult to get an exact count as it looks like there is food in her stomach, covering up many of the spines and skulls.
I ALWAYS forget to bring my bitches in on an empty stomach when doing pre-whelping xrays, and it really makes a difference. I kick myself every time I forget!
Looks like you have a full litter, although it's hard for me to see on my mini-laptop. Best to count skulls, as they are often easier to visualize than twisty spines. Good luck!!!
P.S. That was fun, thanks for the puppy fix!

I'm thinking 12. Good luck with an uneventful whelping.

A boatload.

Good luck and be sure to let us know! :)

Eleven

How many did the vet that took the radiograph say?

Curious-

hehehe when...six!

Curious-

hehehe...six!

Ten.... maybe 11.

Thanks for the replies! Just wanted to add, Kodi gained 17!!!!!!!! pounds by the time the x-ray was taken. Started out 57 pounds, and on Thursday was at 74 pounds!!! And this from a dog that I could see EVERY rib in her heyday!!!

Maybe I should not stop counting at six???

Tee Hee, I am hoping this is not a litter announcement or what might be against list rules....just trying to have fun.

I see 6 big puppies. Congrats!

I think 6...maybe seven

Seven, large puppies. Kate

Seven!

BBI Labs
Thanks for the replies! Just wanted to add, Kodi gained 17!!!!!!!! pounds by the time the x-ray was taken. Started out 57 pounds, and on Thursday was at 74 pounds!!! And this from a dog that I could see EVERY rib in her heyday!!!

Maybe I should not stop counting at six???

Tee Hee, I am hoping this is not a litter announcement or what might be against list rules....just trying to have fun.

I saw longer spines or what appeared to be, the reason I asked what your vet thought after the radiograph. It looks to be as if there are 7-8 heads, not counting spines. She must be carrying large.

I didn't want to be a party-pooper and guess 7-8 when everyone guessed larger no.'s. It's fun to guess how many pups are in a radiograph and find out later how many were actually in the horns.

Some stool is in the way and I've had it happen too. I normally don't feed early morning if a bitch is having a radiograph at 10-11 in the morning, she's fed on the way home. Sometimes my husband forgets, feeds the girl at before 6 in the morning and it has ruined more then 1 film for me and the vet.

Do let us know how things go in less then a week. The pups look far down in the horns, into the pelvis. I wouldn't be surprised if she's early labour end of the week.

This doesn't look like a litter annoucement. I've seen them and they give every detail about clearances, Mum & Dad, colours expected and how many are available. I don't even know your kennel by your user name.

It looks like 11-12 to me. Good luck!

Too hard to count the heads from this picture. You must let us all know!

There were six! Three of each flavor, and fairly large (15.5-16.5 oz). All doing well

Congrats! Guess your vet was right! I thought I saw 6 or 7, but figured I was missing something when everyone else was seeing like 10-12. Guess people need to learn to read X-rays! Count skulls, attach them to spines and go from there...

Congratulations! My vet is always right on when it comes to pre-whelp x-rays but will admit to being off by one on rare occasions. I still count them again and again and again, it's fun and such a miracle to begin with. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your new babies.

Thanks for letting us know and congrats!!! I think I might have needed to put my glasses On!

BBI Labs
Curious-

hehehe...six!

Keep that vet around. He was right on the no.6 even with gas and stool in her abdominal wall. He didn't miss it by 1 or 2 like I did. The vets that count well are usually counting heads not spines. Spines can be double counted.

Congratulations on your litter...... Oh my, I miss puppy breath so much. Hoping for some real soon.