Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nationals 2011

Every successful dog show takes committed volunteers. The National is no exception. Did you know it took over 70 volunteers to put together and run the Nationals ? Given the fact that none of them are professional event planners there were an amazing amount of successful activities over 7 days. And to have all those events with as few problems as were encountered is a true tribute to the commitment of all of those involved.
So here is a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped and everyone who came to the show.Here is my partial list of those to thank,if some are not on the list please add onto the thread !

-The Sponsoring Clubs-Pawcatuck,Boston,Pioneer Valley,and Keystone.

-Marianne Foote-works year in and year out to help organize the Nationals. An unpaid"volunteer" for a 40 hour a week job !!

-Claire White Peterson-thank God there is a detail person out there !!

-Ann Huntington DVM-manning the "nerve center" at the hub. Also supplied the great gift of golf carts :)

-Annmarie Wison-Obedience Chair-When interest exceeds expectations........great job

-Julie Jussaume-just a little help with the tracking,hunt test,and oh by the way,can you help us with tee shirts??????

-Lee Holstein and Norman Grenier-It's easy,just organize a few RV's,payments,problems....Really only a couple of hours... Not;)

-Nancy Brandow-Great job at the hunt test......did you ever find your way out ????

-Janet Huntley-Are you kidding me-27 vendors ! Spent a lot of money..........

-Ruth Solomon-Thank you for stepping in..........

-Carolyn Tremer-Perfect logo design for the show !!

-Margot Marston-wonderful show decorations

-Donna Kenny-Who knew what talent lies within ? Beautiful painting of the show logo
-Cathy Straub-Benedict-Dinner anyone ? Sold out crowds every night with wonderful meals.Host hotel people could not have been nicer

-Robin Anderson-Can you say raffle ?

-Jen Leito-What an array of State baskets !!! Great job with over $2,700 going to Lab research.
-Others-Joan Kerr,Marlene Lendrim,Mary Troy,Kristen Hurwitz,Mary Horne,Fran Masters,Gayle Abrams,Janet Nolan,Noreen Bennet,Barbara,Knowlton,Liz Dole,Nancie Freitas,Tami Wilson,Julie Kirk,Nina Mann,Sally Leary,Lee Foote,Mary Feazell,Juxi Burr,Nanct stewart,Fran Smith DVM,Wendy Ernst DVM,Kathy Sneider DVM,Marilyn Meewes,Ann Burns,Kathy Cipriani,Barb Burri,Lori Riley,Marti Henricks,.......Okay who else?????/

Re: Nationals 2011

Sue Willumsen and her awesome auctioneering skills!

A big thank you to Tony Emilio for all his hard work with the grounds/show site and organization so much.

Don't forget Audrey Wolcott, who worked hard at the central hub & also stewarded!

Rich and Deb Wilner, and Gill Perry, who all worked like stevedores on Monday during the set-up, and pretty much whenever there was work that needed doing.

Ted Jennings and Peter Wolcott for their hep with grounds.

Has anyone gotten their show photos yet? If so do you have the photographer's info? I haven't received the one I had taken yet. I did find the agility photos on line but those were taken by a different photographer.
Thanks for any info.

He was getting them in at the end of this week and sending them by weekend.

I thought we would have a choice, but I don't think so now.

Thanks. Hopefully mine will come early next week then. I just got a shirt I ordered at the other National I attended that week so I guess the photos are not that late.
Deb H.

I emailed him on Friday. He said he does
Not do online photos that we would select from.
He said the photos are expected any day from the
Processing lab. It sounds like we will have them in about
One week.