Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best for casual dress?

When a Specialty show says it will be casual dress, what is the most popular way to dress? I don't want to be too casual but will want to fit in with the rest of the exhibitors :) TIA!!

Re: Best for casual dress?

To me that would mean..no matching suit, Jackets not required. I think I would like to wear something sporty, colored, probably a lightweight jacket, comfortable and maybe stretchy but nice jogging pants and even a nice running shoe...I might even put on one of those stylish new ball caps they have for women now - the ones with the smaller brim and match it to my jacket... I just noticed a women in an obedience ring with a pink ball hat that matched her jogging suit. She looked terrific,Very casual,Very Sporty! Hope this helps.

Thank you I appreciate your response!! It's hard to know since it's so different from all breed shows :)

If the show is outside, stylish may mean mud gear...

What to wear puzzles me too! I try for jeans and a dressy jacket or vest. This weekend at COLRC it was a winter coat and mud boots though!

Well, it's in St. Louis and outside so who knows what the weather could be, nice I hope :)

They actually recommend jeans - something comfortable anyway. Mornings could be pretty chilly. Many wear casual pants and a lab jacket or vest.

Have fun and good luck!

Thank you all so much for your input!