Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chesapeake Kennel Club of Maryland

The Maryland Turkey Cluster at Howard County Fairgrounds, West Friendship , MD. 4 days of indoor shows.
The Labrador Retriever Club of Potomac is proud to support The Chesapeake Kennel Club of Maryland show on Saturday, November 26, 2011, with Breeder Judge Elizabeth Bowron(Fortune Labradors) and sweepstakes with Cheryl Little(Whisperwodd Labradors).
Mark your calendars. more info on infodog.com Entries close November 9.

Re: Chesapeake Kennel Club of Maryland

Given the most recent weather it sounds like a good show with breeder judges.

Any input on the Friday and Sunday judges?

Friday: Deborah Verdon
Sunday: Ms. Peggy Beisel-McIlwaine
Monday: Mr. Thomas J. Feneis

Are they good for Labs?

got it!
Friday: Deborah Verdon
Sunday: Ms. Peggy Beisel-McIlwaine
Monday: Mr. Thomas J. Feneis

Do these judges have any good experience with Labs? Or is this not the place to discuss it? I was on a list about judges for 8 years but Labs rarely came up. So I kept my dogs at specialties only.
I'm going to pass unless I heare more.

The problem with asking if these judges are good for labradors is that what is a good judge for one person is not for another. Go to infodog.com and check out the history of their judging. If you're worried about them being a "handler" judge, then enter!! If enough breeders show up with good dogs it won't matter!!

After looking at infodog judging results, it would look like the Sunday & Monday judges put up dogs and Friday's judge puts up handlers, but who really knows!!

Just checked
After looking at infodog judging results, it would look like the Sunday & Monday judges put up dogs and Friday's judge puts up handlers, but who really knows!!

Why post a comment like this? For one thing, it is disrespectful of the people who entered their dogs and undermines the spirit of good sportsmanship. For another, it is merely your opinion, and "who really knows" whether that means anything or not!

Who really knows mean it is anybody's game on any given day... the best we can do is guess. Quit trying to make more of it than that.

Deborah Verdon put up my Briar when he was still in the junior class and gave him best of breed when she wouldn't have known me from Adam. She also put up Carrie Dilling's pretty "Big" daughter that Patty Strufert bred in bitches that day. I thought she did a good job and am not saying that because she put up my dog. She was very consistant. I have not followed her since but would enter under her again. Not going as the dogs are blowing coat, but wish all of you good luck.

Thanks Traci for answering the question......I will add
I thought the LRCP was only supporting where WE HAD SAY IN THE JUDGES SELECTION???? I will add Mondays judge has been know to be as political as it gets