Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how long does puppy mush stay in the fridge?

I am planning to be away for a few days and those left at home are in charge of canines, equines, felines and pupines!

I wanted to make the puppies easy and was going to make up the 2 days of mush to leave in the fridge so that no one has to worry about mixing, soaking and blending, just heating up. Does anyone know how long milk replacer mixed with puppy food will stay in the refrigerator?

Thanks for the help

Re: how long does puppy mush stay in the fridge?

The puppy mush will do fine for 2 days if they just take out what they need and warm it up.No worries!

How old are the puppies? I stopped making mush several litters ago. I start feeding them kibble mixed with canned food at 3-4 weeks (when the teeth are coming in) and they love it. I actually started this with the Havanese when I realized they were diving into Mom's food at 3 weeks. If those little puppies can handle it, then surely Lab puppies can too! Much less trouble than mush!

Due to some glare on my computer screen, I read the topic as " How long does puppy stay in the fridge" I thought it was either some really funny cartoon or something creepy. I was almost afraid to read the posts......