Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raleigh-Durham results?

Any results?

Re: Raleigh-Durham results?

the exhibitors must be partying.....

I bet they're at the Mexican Restaurant trying on Sombreros.

Dame
I bet they're at the Mexican Restaurant trying on Sombreros.
Is that where the "toy" shop was?

Yep.....right next door to that "toy store."

Where SOME people got an education!!
You had to be there!!!!!!

I don't think they have internet access and the lovely motel.

Do you people know that this is the only show that I have ever seen that has gotten these snide comments??

With other shows, someone asks for results and that's it. I think that some of these comments are disrespectful to the people who work just as hard to put their specialty together as any other show.

Respect, people!!

You're "reading" this wrong.
The comments were meant to be fun. Those of us who were there this particular year had a fabulous time. We all LOVE the show and the site, and the club. In fact it was the best show in my lifetime in dogs which is 20+ years.

All joking aside. So who won?.

I heard that Danbridge Henry J was BOB and Paradocs Obsidian was WD and Danbridge Pop The Cork was WB

Thank you for posting!

I think Fortune's Feet Don't Fail Me Now won BOB Thursday?

Yes, you are definately reading this wrong. I was there that night also. Wild, crazy fun. Great show every year. Sorry i missed it this year.

Bdr
I don't think they have internet access and the lovely motel.

You are an (0)! Laugh at that! Those folks work very hard to have a show that you can go to, they spend countless hours and money to try and put on a nice show. I am sure like most shows there is no money in it, so why do they do it? They love the breed and want to contribute to it, keep bitching and you will run off the last few members that work their tails off and you will have one less show to attend. I am sure they could find a site but you will be staying at a hotel that will be double or more the price and have to drive to the show site. Nothing is perfect, but seriously you were not even there and you find fault!

Why is it so hard to just get actual resuts

The motel leaves a lot to be desired and the local shopping venues can be educational too, but it is also true that the motel grounds are perfect for showing dogs and there's great outlet shopping close by too. Don't take it personal! The RD club members work hard and put on a great show!

The motel is old. The beds are comfortable. I could have rented 3 rooms for what I paid the Holiday in Frederick, MD. and had money left for dinner. Since it is not brand new, it is not spotless, but I have to say I have dog friends whose houses are not any better.

The grounds & the whole set up is perfect for dog shows. I have never seen a better venue. I just tried to count the number of places I have stayed for specialty shows over the years and came up with 18. Bet I missed one or two. So adjusted for all round amenities, I'd have to give the place a 4 star rating.

And as for RDLRC, they put on one wonderful show. Everyone is great and I am happy to drive many, many miles to be there.

This was my first time at this show. When I walked into my room, my first thought was, I need to go find another room someplace else. But I stuck it out and actually started to like my room. It was clean enough, new rug, and comfortable bed.

Had a great time at the show, saw some friends and made a couple of new ones. Like to congratulate the club for putting on a superb show, The Judges did a nice job, coffee and donuts in the morning was nice. Excellent raffle. Good lunch. You can tell this show was put on with love. Thanks RDLRS!

Also want to say congrats to Karen Day, nice WD, WB & BOB, what a great Friday.

Be back next year.

Comfortable beds, clean sheets and a clean bathroom I'm okay. If it's as inexpensive as Joan said, they're not overcharging.

The HH HI at Potomac is way over priced. That's greed, they know they could have 3 times the amount of rooms rented if they had them. The beds are fine now, they weren't always.

What do we do in our rooms? Usually sleep.

I wasn't there, never have been there but it wouldn't stop me from going as long as the motel is clean.

The club didn't build the motel and doesn't own it so don't give them heat about it. The site for the show sounds fantabulous.

I hope everyone had a sweet time. I might try it next year based on the reviews so far.

BIG CONGRATS TO MY BEST BUDDY,,KD ON BOB,WD,WB,,,IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU,,,AND THANKS FOR THE DOG FIX,,
LOVE BECK

And congrats to my good friend Renee Willis who took Best in Veterans Sweeps on Friday and a JAM with her lovely sweet Sophie (who couldn't keep her feet on the ground, lol)

Could someone post the complete results or tell us where to find them? Thanks!

Thursday. Judge: Sharon Celentano:
BOB: CH Fortune's Feet Don't Fail Me Now
WD???
WB: van Dalen Charisma By Gandalf

Friday. Judge: Patty Block:
BOB: CH Danbridge Henry J
WD Paradocs Obsidian
WB Danbridge Pop The Cork

Club's website:
http://www.rdlrc.com/Copy%20-%20photo_7.html

Thursday's judge was Patty Block and Friday's judge was Sharon Celantano. Best in Sweeps on Thursday was a yellow bitch of Coleen Kincaids - don't know who Best Opp was & Friday's Best in Sweeps was Dickendall Buckstone Pool Boy and his sister, Dickendall Buckstone Tom Boy was Best Opp.

Thursday, November 10, 2011
Dogs & Intersex – Patty Block (Sumo)*
Bitches – Sharon Celentano (Shar-Jam)*
Sweeps – Heidi Herman (Paradigm)*

Friday, November 11, 2011
Dogs & Intersex – Sharon Celentano (Shar-Jam)*
Bitches – Patty Block (Sumo)*
Sweeps – Norman Grenier*

Is this it? The grounds look great and the hotel is just older style and has a clean appearance. I would go next year. Walk out your door and you're at the show.

http://search.reel-scout.com/Slideshow.aspx?lid=001-10043430&id=1590209

If this is it I bet the fire hydrant in one photgraph was used alot hehehe.

The photo's on the club site looks like everyone was having fun.

Congratulations to the winners and placers.

WD on Thursday was Paradocs Hunterleigh Hickory from the BBE class.

No results posted on the club's website. Any idea when would they be posted?

motel & grounds?
Is this it? The grounds look great and the hotel is just older style and has a clean appearance. I would go next year. Walk out your door and you're at the show.

http://search.reel-scout.com/Slideshow.aspx?lid=001-10043430&id=1590209

If this is it I bet the fire hydrant in one photgraph was used alot hehehe.

The photo's on the club site looks like everyone was having fun.

Congratulations to the winners and placers.

Next year you can have my room

I have given my comments about the show to Club officers, they need to know the good and bad so they can continue to improve the show and keep it available to us each year. Please make your cmments known to them.

Re: Raleigh-Durham A Real Gem

I LOVE this show, had to honor of judging sweeps this year, and try to attend every year. I have been going down for a number of years, hope I don't jinx it now LOL but the weather has always been fabulous! The site is easy to get to, right off of Rte.95, the grounds are beautiful, accessable shade, lots of nice clean ground to x dogs,atmosphere relaxed, two rings and you can watch a lot of the show. Great hospitality under a lighted tent Thursday evening, lunch available for purchase both days. Lots of restaurant choices right across the highway. I don't care for the host motel but it's not a big deal, there are lots of other great choices right across the highway, 2 minutes away. Finding a hotel that you are happy with at this show is an easy, quick fix . A bunch of us usually go in on a room at the Host Hotel and use it for convienence during the show. This Specialty is a real gem and I hope the club continues to have the opportunity to use the site for a long long time.

We also love the show site and second everything Heidi said!!

Fire ants, uneven ground, nasty Hotel guy! Club has no way to do anything indoors, so I can't get any health checks or clinics and it was cold at night and no heat source so indoor party would have been nice. Scary part of town. Hotel guy was mad as heck and may not let them have grounds or start charging because people are coming and not renting a room there. If they are going to get my entries as tight as the economy is I would not have a problem with a new location if they have to move. It did seem the Club members tried hard to make everyone feel welcome, but if they are ever going to grow the show they will probably benefit from a new location where they could provide more. Some folks that posted here did not even attend anything on the grounds except to show and then leave to stay and eat someplace else. I stayed someplace else, because that hotel was something else!!

Fire Ants- welcome to the south. Uneven ground... dealt with that with every outdoor specialty I've ever been to over 20++ yrs. You want health clinics then go to the all breed shows that follow Raleigh on the weekend. It was cold at night??? The dogs were comfy in the cars & it wasn't even freezing! Plus there was a fabulous bonfire if you needed it at the feast cooked & provided GRATIS by club members. And lastly, the hotel costs $40 bucks a night...... what did you really expect.. the Hilton??

Clubs are struggling in this economy to hold independent specialties and do their very best to provide suitable venues with lodging close or on site that don't break their treasury. I get so sick & tired of the folks that do NOTHING but bitch and then do nothing to fix it other than BITCH. It's a DOG show- we didn't come to relax in beautiful rooms- we came to show outside, regardless of weather and enjoy the company of our friends and hopefully get to see some good dogs. Everything else, at least to me, is just inconsequential.

Are you kidding me? I love this venue. The RDLRC Specialty will always have a "special" place in my heart as it was the very first specialty I ever judged. It's now been 8 years, I think ;o)

In those days the classes were huge! I can still remember walking into the 12-18 month black bitch class with an entry of 29. It was so cool! The members were so kind to me and to all of the exhibitors. This level of commitment and dedication has continued on for years.

As for the hotel/grounds... It certainly isn't the Hilton or Embassy Suites so you are not paying $150-$200 per night. Makes me happy especially since I drive 9 hours to get there and spend it in gas! The hotel is very convenient for those who stay as you get ready and walk right out your door to the rings. How wonderful is that!

There is quite a bit to do around the hotel now with shopping at the outlets and the great eateries. So you have convenience all around.

If you are looking for elegance I would suggest switching to Afghans or French Bulldogs. I can tell you from experience their specialties are high end. But then again, these dogs don't sit in a duck blind or traverse through a field.

To the members of RDLRC thanks for the memories and the great job you all do! I am so sorry I missed the show this year. It certainly wasn't due to the hotel or grounds!

JMHO,
Michael

The other side................
Fire ants, uneven ground, nasty Hotel guy! Club has no way to do anything indoors, so I can't get any health checks or clinics and it was cold at night and no heat source so indoor party would have been nice. Scary part of town. Hotel guy was mad as heck and may not let them have grounds or start charging because people are coming and not renting a room there. If they are going to get my entries as tight as the economy is I would not have a problem with a new location if they have to move. It did seem the Club members tried hard to make everyone feel welcome, but if they are ever going to grow the show they will probably benefit from a new location where they could provide more. Some folks that posted here did not even attend anything on the grounds except to show and then leave to stay and eat someplace else. I stayed someplace else, because that hotel was something else!!

Uneven ground? It's about the flattest ground I've shown a dog on. It's up to us to find the right "spot" no matter the show. It's a great show site. Hope they never lose it.

I think the show grounds there may be the best of all the specialties, at least in the South. It is beautiful with all the huge pine trees and the grass is always well kept. Sure there are some deep, hidden, holes but that was only a problem for me after drinking too many cold beers. I love how you can walk out of the hotel room strait into the ring. I wish all specialties were like this. I sure hope they don't move it.

Exhibitor
I think the show grounds there may be the best of all the specialties.... I love how you can walk out of the hotel room strait into the ring. I wish all specialties were like this. I sure hope they don't move it.
. I agree. To have everything in one location is the way to go, unlike what is happening to some other specialties.