Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Source for Royal Canin Maxi Starter

Am considering putting my puppies on Royal Canin Maxi Starter. Do any of the chain pet stores carry this or are they able to special order it? If I can't get it locally, can anyone recommend reputable online sources? Thanks

Re: Source for Royal Canin Maxi Starter

Find Liz Martin. She is a breeder rep for RC. She will be a great resource for this information.

I just price sheet for direct to delivery door step of $52.80 a bag, you must purchase at least 2 bags for them to ship it to you. That price is just for the Royal Canin Maxi Starter. Royal Canin has some other formulas available in the PRO Line all different pricing.

You can get the Maxi Puppy Starter at a lesser price than what is above if you go through a distributer. Find the rep for your area and they can put you in touch with a distributor.

I thought the prices seemed very high for the food. The Royal Canin Rep actually emailed me out of the blue to get us on the food. That was the only information I was provided. All I can say at those prices I am not interested in the food.

I can purchase foods without by-products for a lot cheaper.

PetsMart has this food...not certain if Petco does or not.
You could get a better price thru a distributor than at these stores tho. Good Luck to you...I like what I've seen with the puppies on this food!

I pay $37.95 + tax for RC Maxi Starter Pro to my distributor. My litters do very, very well on RC.

Please send me a private email and I'll be happy to help you find the best options for distribution and pricing in your area.

The the person who referenced by-products. The only Pro diets that contain by-products are adult diets. On a side note it's important to know that chicken by-product meal in RC diets is heart, liver and lung only. We each make our choices what we prefer in our dog food. Personally I'll take heart, liver and lung any day over chicken meal because I know it performs well in my dogs.

I switched to RC Maxi from Purina Pro Plan ... I really like how my dogs are doing on it. I have pups on it for the first time since switching and they are really doing well.

And I will say that the people I work with at RC are really great, are Lab breeders themselves and very knowledgeable about the products, and excellent resources.

I also switched to RC for all my dogs. So far they are doing great. Have a litter now and it was my first time on Starter: they are plump, great stools, happy and healthy.

Our rep was great and worked hard trying to gain our business. We were happy with the puppy and starter but our adults needed more to keep a nice weight than what RC offered. Then we needed more food and it took our distributor 6 weeks to get us food. Apparently the distributor and the manufacturer were fighting about who would foot the bill to ship food from one warehouse to another. Meanwhile we ran out of food and had to switch food to anther brand. We were upset and our rep was upset and being she complained to upper management about how bad the time is to get food that RC fired our rep. Then we were being told from her boss that we would have to order 3 pallets to get get away from the long delays with the distributor and order directly from RC. It seems to be too much a hassle with RC. Just my experience.

I love RC and particularly the puppy products but my distributor requires me to buy 9 bags at a time. Very pricey in that amount. But it's good if you can afford it.