Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
meat tenderizer to defer poop eating

I have been asked the effect of meat tenderizer on a pregnant girl.

Since I have never used it ... I thought I'd ask.

Re: meat tenderizer to defer poop eating

It doesn't work anyway.

Lots of research has been done about what you can add to prevent dogs from eating feces. Nothing reliably works except removing feces before the dog has a chance to eat it. Some of them do largely grow out of the tendency.

Mine seem to grow into it.

MikeM
Mine seem to grow into it.

Mine, too. Wish I had an answer. I'd be rich.

I have a 10-12 year old rescue and she lives to eat poop. I have tried everything. It is very hard. The only thing you can do is go out with your dog and pick it up as she goes.

I have 5 Labs and she beats me to it everytime. It is hard to keep her inside when the other 4 are out.

I tried the pills, pineapple, etc. I try to do the yard twice a day when I can. Otherwise she has me up all night long. If it is raining hard, forget it.

does not work....first person that figures this out will be a millionaire.

Forwarded Question
I have been asked the effect of meat tenderizer on a pregnant girl.

Since I have never used it ... I thought I'd ask.

I really need to be able to tell my friend the effects on her pregnant girl. Her vet has suggested that she use it, however, she is having concerns.

Would any of you use it on a pregnant girl? ... of course we know the poops should be picked up.

*Hello*...everyone who has replied has told you it does not work...so why even give it? If your friend wants to know what the effects would be on her pregnant bitch she should ask her vet ...even though he is recommending something that does not work.

Meat tenderizer is very hi in sodium. I would not take the chance on a pregnant girl.

some say fig newtons work.

I find picking it up as it hits the ground is the only way.