Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2012 Potomac Specialty Class Sponsorship

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

With Thanksgiving next week and the holidays right around the corner, I know everyone is busy with their holiday preparations. However, with the cold weather slowly encroaching, I can’t help but let my mind wander to Spring, and with that comes the Potomac Spring Specialty. November 30th will be here soon, and with that the opportunity to sponsor a Potomac class will come to a close.

As you can imagine, coordinating such a large specialty is not an easy thing. In the current economic climate, funding a show this large is not easy either. So we have chosen to reach out to club members, exhibitors, spectators and vendors to assist in this endeavor.

How can you help? Sponsor a conformation, obedience or rally class. There are a handful of conformation classes hoping to find sponsors with many obedience and rally classes also hoping to find a sponsor.

Sponsorship for each class is $50 and includes a hand-carved wooden duck decoy for first place and commemorative gifts for second thru fourth. Additionally, all four places will receive the traditional Potomac rosettes provided by the club.

Sponsoring a class is very simple…..contact me at the email below to secure your class and then click on the link below and pay $50 for each class sponsored. Your sponsorship of each class will be listed in both the premium and catalog. You don’t need a Paypal account to donate using your credit/debit card, simply visit the link below. Uncomfortable donating on line? Simply mail a check made payable to the LRCP to Sharlene Pitman, 17647 Wild Cherry Ln, King George, VA 22485-4721 to arrive not later than Nov 30, 2011.

http://www.lrcp.com/specialty.shtml

If I can answer any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at brookhavenlabradors@verizon.net.

We understand that not everybody is in a position to sponsor a class...but the club sincerely thanks you just for considering the possibility.

Thank you,
Sharlene Pitman
LRCP Potomac Class Sponsor Chair

As of the time of the original post, the following classes are available for sponsorship:

9-12 puppy dog chocolate
9-12 puppy dog yellow
9-12 puppy dog black
Novice Dog chocolate
9-12 puppy bitch chocolate
Team

Obedience trial #1
High In trial
Highest Scoring in Open B & Utility Combined
Novice A
Open A
Open B
Utility A
Utility B

Rally Trial #1
All 6 classes

Obedience trial #2
Novice A
Novice B
Open A
Open B
Utility A
Utility B

Rally Trial #2
All 6 classes

Obedience trial #3
High in Trial
Novice A
Open A
Open B
Utility A
Utility B

Rally Trial #3
All 6 classes

Obedience trial #4
High in Trial
Highest Scoring Record of Champion
Novice A
Open A
Utility A

Rally Trial #4
All 6 classes

Re: 2012 Potomac Specialty Class Sponsorship

Ha! As an obedience competitor, I am royally pissed off that the obedience classes are not on site. There is no way I'll sponsor a class if we are going to be treated like that.

Anon--I feel the same way. Not at all a happy camper about this. As if there wasn't already a big divide between conformation and obedience... let's just segregate them even further. No sponsorship here either.

Is there a chance that the obedience will be moved back to the hotel site? I think it would be helpful if either the show chair or a committee member could let us know their position on the venue.

Thanks

That's a great question. I do not sit on the board and am not involved in anything other than class sponsorship.

My understanding is that the indoor venue was initiated at the request of a few club members who are heavily involved in both Rally and obedience. I believe the intent was to show a deep appreciation for those participating in obedience and rally, not to isolate.

Questions regarding this venue change should be presented to either the LRCP Board or the Show Chair.

Yes lets hear there position. I am interested.

REALLY. Do you believe that?