Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shadowbrook's Turn Of The Century

It is with great sadness that I share the passing of our Shadowbrook's Turn Of The Century (Millennium). Millie was 14-1/2 years old and would be known by a few of the more seasoned breeders on the West coast as she was shown only a handful of times.

Millie's only show accomplishment was a Best of Opposite in Sweeps at the Puget Sound Labrador Retriever Specialty on Whidby Island. Upon returning from that show she determined it was not her thing and so we retired her.

Millie's greatest accomplishment in life was to care and nurture Kim and then a 6-week old Alyssa as I was traveling a lot for work. Millie filled the void and devoted herself to the family as I spent more time in an airport than at home. She was the glue that held us all together.

Millie is the last of our original line and is a granddaughter to our first champion CH Sailin's Make Room For Jessi, CDX, WC. He mother CH Shadowbrook's Soleil d'Ore and her father CH Dickendall Arnold blessed us with the most incredible gift in our lives.

Millie was the dog that gave me the philosophy that every dog has a place and purpose in life. She taught me that a dog does not have to earn AKC points to be a champion as there is much more to this sport then a purple ribbon. For that I will always love her and hold her at the most highest regard.

Rest well my little Millie-Bean. I love you!

With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart.
M

Re: Shadowbrook's Turn Of The Century

Deepest condolences to your loss of Millie. For the emptiness they leave in our lives when they leave us, they give us so much when they are here. RIP, Millie.

What a lovely tribute. Your words show what is best about this Life in Labradors.
Condolences on your loss. Godspeed Millie!

I'm so sorry for you and your family Michael. Sounds like Millie was a cherished part of your family....as it should be. She must have been a wonderful girl!

Rest well sweet Millie...

So sorry for your loss. Sounds like there will always be that special spot in your heart for her.

Oh, Michael, I am so sorry.

Michael,

Hugs to you and your family. It is so hard to lose these wonderful dogs.

Millie was a fabulous girl and was so devoted to all of you. To be loved by an old dog is truly the greatest gift!

I am so sorry Michael. Godspeed Millie.

Michael, Oh boy your tribute to Millie has me in tears.
I echo your sentiments over and over again.
Godspeed very special girl.. Blessings to your family for healing as they face the difficult days ahead without you by their side... May your memories hold you until the day you are reunited once again for an eternity.

Godspeed and run free Millie, there are too many Labbies from this year waiting for you at the bridge

So sorry for your loss. She must have been a wonderful girl.

So sorry, Michael, for your family's loss.
We just lost Bella, who was a great great great great grandaughter to my "Lilac" Sailin's Sweetwater Serene, who was out of a similar breeding around the same time.
Bella, greet Millie, and you girls have a great time together! We will miss you girls!

I'm sorry for your loss.......

So very sorry about Millie's passing. She lived a good long life and if she didn't like showing, she had another purpose in mind. May your hearts heal in time with her lovely memories and until you meet again. Millie Godspeed and I know you have received a large welcome.

So sorry to hear of Millie's passing, she was such a sweet girl.

I am very sorry for the loss of your special girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest well, Millie.

Michael Silva
Millie was the dog that gave me the philosophy that every dog has a place and purpose in life. She taught me that a dog does not have to earn AKC points to be a champion as there is much more to this sport then a purple ribbon. For that I will always love her and hold her at the most highest regard.

Rest well my little Millie-Bean. I love you!

With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart.
M

What a beautiful statement about your special girl.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Even when we are blessed with 14 years or more, our canine companions are never with us long enough.

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers as you mourn the loss of your special girl.

I am sorry for your families loss Michael.
Hugs - Valerie

Kim and I would like to thank you all for your kind words and for your private emails.

It is amazing how empty the house feels without her. She always slept in front of the refrigerator at the entrance to the kitchen. We always had to climb over her to get into the main part of the house. I guess she always wanted us to know she was there.

Thank you again and be thankful tomorrow on Thanksgiving day.

Best,
Michael

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for your hearts to heal.

Michael, please accept my most sincere condolences on your sad loss. Millie was indeed a very special girl and I agree whole-heartedly with this:
" She taught me that a dog does not have to earn AKC points to be a champion as there is much more to this sport then a purple ribbon. "