Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
vacuum suggestions for light cleaning?

I have canister vacuum for my house. I want something easy to use to do light cleaning in the kitchen, etc. An inexpensive upright to use in between the more heavy duty cleanings. Any suggestions? plug in or cordless? brands? TIA!

Re: vacuum suggestions for light cleaning?

I just got the new Animal by Dyson. I have an old Animal that I am using in my studio. The old Animal worked great but it is HEAVY. The new Animal scoots along on a ball and turns on a dime. It is much lighter and the lower profile front goes under the cabinet kick boards, tables, and chairs easily. If you are looking to go cheap, the vacuum that comes on the Shark floor steamer is ok for small quick jobs. The dirt catcher thingy is small though so with any amount of dog hair to clean up you have to empty it often. I use it for steaming the floors and love it.

Im still using the old animal as well an dlove it but it is now 8 years old and starting to have issues so I will defiantly by the new animal by Dyson as well.

I use this on carpet and linoleum floors with great success.

I like my very light weight rechargable Swiffer. It fills right up with dog fur but the cup empties easily and it's handy.

we live on a working farm and the swiffer just can not handle it. I to have a dyson and love it!

I like my little dirt devil. There are some good sales for black Friday on it. I think I payed about $40.00. for it. I bought it because of a post here that I saw last year.

I got the Dirt Devil when I saw the post. Inexpensive and lightweight. I like it.