Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sore toes?

My girl has what appears to be sores, not big between her toes. Almost like a fungus. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

Re: Sore toes?

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/70800.htm

I am dealing with this as well, went through antibiotics and pred treatment. It cleared for a while and now is back. I am currently applying antibiotic ointment daily but would like to find out what else can be done.

vet says she thinks it is allergy related but he has no other signs of allergies anywhere.

would love to hear anyone else that has successfully kept it under control

About 20+ years ago I was told by an old timer to give a zinc tablet daily, worked for my boy. I think it was 200.

I found something interesting on, webMD site, skin problems in dogs.

why not head to your local pharmacy and pick up some Burrows Solution (Burro-sol). It's a powder like epsom salts. Mix as directed and soak your dogs feet twice daily for 15 minutes. Don't rinse, but dry well. Changes the pH and makes it unfavorable for bacteria and yeast to grow.

Re: Sore toes? toes

Well I have been cleaning my dogs toes with medicated shampoo, followed with peroxide, rinsed, dried, then applied neosporin ointment to the affected area, followed with a medicated powder, like Gold Bond, you can get the generic brand which works just as well. So far toes look good. Been doing this once a day. Naturally I'm hoping I won't have to do this everyday.