Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MAVIC™ catheters

has anyone used these catheters for breeding?

http://www.minitube.de/US_eng/Products-Services/Canine/Insemination/MAVIC-400

if not, what do you prefer to use to inseminate your girls?

Re: MAVIC™ catheters

I have a friend who swears by this product. Her repro says its the closest thing you can get to simulating a tie. I have not tried it yet because of the price. Reproduction Resources is a great site for pipettes and syringes, for fraction of the cost.

friend of a friend
I have a friend who swears by this product. Her repro says its the closest thing you can get to simulating a tie. I have not tried it yet because of the price. Reproduction Resources is a great site for pipettes and syringes, for fraction of the cost.

thanks. how much are they? what pipettes do you get on Reproduction Resources?

I use them all the time and they are excellent.
Minitube sells them.

friend of a friend

What do you consider too expensive, do you know the approximate cost please? I tried the cart and it didn't work for me.

How about ease of use? I used to have my repro vet do inseminations for many years and finally began doing my own the past 2 years.

TIA.

Yes, I have used them and love how they work. My bitches also like them. A little costly but I feel they are worth it.

Carole Ramsey
Yes, I have used them and love how they work. My bitches also like them. A little costly but I feel they are worth it.

Everyone is saying costly but how much do you pay for them? I never have, the reason I'm asking. TIA.

Breeder
Carole Ramsey

Everyone is saying costly but how much do you pay for them? I never have, the reason I'm asking. TIA.

why not just call and ask minitube or email the poster since she left her email address? I know the 10 inch pipettes I use are around $10 for a 25 pack. I think I recall these catheters are over $25 a piece.

One of my vets uses them and they are slick... bitc just stands there w/ the invisible dog tied to her basically. A vet can justify the costs as they can re-use them after gas sterilization. I think he charged ~$10 catheter fee to help pay for it. I was in a few months ago and was bummed that he had to order a new one, so we did it the old fashioned way that day.