Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA Xrays w/o anesthesia

I was wondering if there is a vet practice in the western NY area that will do OFA xrays without anesthesia. Also, what is an average cost in the area to have hips and elbows done and sent to OFA?

Re: OFA Xrays w/o anesthesia

Labs
I was wondering if there is a vet practice in the western NY area that will do OFA xrays without anesthesia. Also, what is an average cost in the area to have hips and elbows done and sent to OFA?

I had my girls finals done at a vet in PA without anesthesia or sedation. I'm not sure how far it is from WNY State. The cost was inexpensve and both girls; done a few months ago received OFA EXCELLENT ratings & passing elbows. If I recall right, he charged around $250 including the OFA fee. That was considered cheap because I've paid as hi as $600 with sedation and more with full anesthesia once because of heavly muscled rear legs.

I traveled a distance. It took me more then 2 hours ea, way. I went to him becase of his reputation for ratings and tech and-or vet placement. I was surprised at the lo fee and am super happy with the rating on both.

Sometimes, it's worth traveling for a vet that places well. I don't mean the vets that try strange positions that aren't ethical to get the dog to pass. Hopefully some West NY State breeders can refer you to a well placing vet not too far from you.

Not is Western NY but Dr. King, STeinbeck Animal Hospital located in Blue Bell PA does OFA's without
anesthesia. Been going for many years, Dr. King and his staff do a terrific job.

:)
Not is Western NY but Dr. King, STeinbeck Animal Hospital located in Blue Bell PA does OFA's without
anesthesia. Been going for many years, Dr. King and his staff do a terrific job.

That's the same vet in my post. They have hours for clinics M & W.