Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA taking too long

I submitted Digital finals more than 4 weeks ago. I ussually get results in 2-3 weeks. Did they close the whole week for Thanksgiving?

Re: OFA taking too long

Call them. If they have the result they will tell you over the phone. I wouldn't have the patience to wait a month.

you can also check on line. Sometimes they post the results on line before you get them in the mail.

You will never see the results online on the database at OFA before you get the certificate in the mail. They mail you the certificate so you can check for errors before it ever hits the OFA website. Dr Keller will give you the results over the phone if they have graded already.

That has not been my experience. I have found OFA results on the database before I got the certificates in the mail.

Me too. I have seen results in the web site a day or two before I get them in the mail.

Have also seen my results online before in the mail. More than once. Sure you've peaked online already;)

Interesting, that is not supposed to happen.

From OFA

Why is my dog's OFA number not showing up on the OFA website?
The OFA website is updated several times a month. However, there is a short waiting period between the time an application finishes and the data is uploaded to the web to allow time for the printed report to reach the owner.

Is information regarding the status of my dog's evaluation available on the website while the application is still in progress?
No. Information is not uploaded to the website until the evaluation has been completed and reports mailed. The OFA website is currently updated several times a month.

If OFA seems to be taking longer recently, it might be due to an increase in requests from Canadians for evaluation. This is taken from the OVC website:

+++

Effective immediately, the OVC's Hip and Elbow Certification Program will not take on any new submissions for review at this time. This is due to an unexpected shortage of resources and a backlog of cases.

Any radiographs received as of Monday, Oct. 31 will be processed as usual, and results mailed within four weeks. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate requests for results over the telephone or by email due to our resource constraints. Cases received after Oct. 31 will be returned and not processed.

+++

I did my dogs hips/elbows nov. 10, and they were posted on the OFA website a few days ago, rec'd the certificates yesterday.

I have had mine on web page twice and got in mail a day or so later.

It is possible some of the readers have been on vacation these last few weeks, etc. I shipped a set on Nov. 9 and had my certificates before Thanksgiving. That is about 2 weeks, which is what I usually expect. The delay can be affected by people's holiday schedule and even the mail service this time of year.

OK, today didn't come either, so I called OFA. The vet never faxed them! Grrrrrr. now wait 2-3 more weeks.

So does this mean that Canadians no longer will have their "perm" certs at 18 months of age?
Well I say good!!!
18 months is too young to breed, especially a bitch!!

Linda@Staghorn
If OFA seems to be taking longer recently, it might be due to an increase in requests from Canadians for evaluation. This is taken from the OVC website:

+++

Effective immediately, the OVC's Hip and Elbow Certification Program will not take on any new submissions for review at this time. This is due to an unexpected shortage of resources and a backlog of cases.

Any radiographs received as of Monday, Oct. 31 will be processed as usual, and results mailed within four weeks. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate requests for results over the telephone or by email due to our resource constraints. Cases received after Oct. 31 will be returned and not processed.

+++

Who said you need finals to breed???? Age of breeding has nothing to do with OFA certification. Ignorance is obvious.