Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
herbal treatment of Lyme Disease

Has anyone had experience with using herbal treatments for Lyme? Do you have specific suggestions for someone thinking about this? What have you learned from your own research and experience?

Re: herbal treatment of Lyme Disease

Yeah, Steve Jobs used holistic treatment as well for his illness. Ask him if it worked.
Why be so cavalier with such a dangerous disease when simple doxycycline can knock it out?

I suggest you join the Tick list at: http://apple.ease.lsoft.com/archives/tick-l. and ask your question there. I know that one member had great success using Samento for her dog and, supposedly, brought him back from the brink of death. Most of the other members are more conventional, although they do believe in hitting TBD's hard and for a long time. They are knowledgeable and helpful about the subject of all Tick Borne Diseases.

HTH.

I guess you are making assumptions that my question was not intended to lead you too. I will explain...many people use herbs in addition to traditional antibiotics. The antibiotics do very well when you catch the disease right away. But if the disease has been misdiagnosed (read this as inappropriate confidence in a negative test) and has gone on for a long time untreated, the antibiotics do not work nearly as well. So, I am looking to supplement traditional antibiotics both during their use and then after we make the difficult decision as to when to stop using them. For chronic Lyme, antibiotics are used for a long time and then the eventual decision as to when to stop them is a difficult one.

HUH
Yeah, Steve Jobs used holistic treatment as well for his illness. Ask him if it worked.
Why be so cavalier with such a dangerous disease when simple doxycycline can knock it out?

THANK YOU!

Puppy owner
I suggest you join the Tick list at: http://apple.ease.lsoft.com/archives/tick-l. and ask your question there. I know that one member had great success using Samento for her dog and, supposedly, brought him back from the brink of death. Most of the other members are more conventional, although they do believe in hitting TBD's hard and for a long time. They are knowledgeable and helpful about the subject of all Tick Borne Diseases.

HTH.

Not Lyme, but one of my girls had bartonella years ago and it took awhile to get a diagnosis since it was such a weird disease. Since then she has had chronic arthritis and general lethargy and she tires easily. For the past year I've been working with a holistic vet who uses Chinese Herbs as part of her treatment (the other parts being home cooked food, Adequan, Dasuquin, and a natural thyroid supplement). I've seen great improvement this year in my girl's overall health and vitality. She's still got arthritis but she is feeling much, much better than before this treatment. I'm a believer.

My vet practiced traditional medicine for 14 years, then went back to school for training in nutrition Accupuncture, and Chinese Medicine. She's awesome.