Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Afghanistan Rescue

Well this is turning into quite an international effort. What is now known as "Operation Long Shot" is in the works. Each passenger can only take 2 pups in a single crate, and even with bribes paid not more than 2 pups per passenger. However Kabul airport will be the tricky part, then they stop in Istanbul Turkey and a wonderful rescue group will take them overnight and will clean them up for the next leg, all the way to Chicago, a hellish flight, once I know the layover time in Chicago I may put out a call for help there. Then the last hop to Manchester NH airport where I will pick them up. My son will carry another 2 in early January and a friend co-worker will carry 2 at the same time. There are so many rescue groups helping it is incredible, and at some later date I will list them so if anyone wants to donate to them, they can. The pups have had first shots and had to have rabies done in order to fly, they have survived this so 2 at a time we will save them. I wish I could post a picture, they are cute. They will be BIG as they are descended from the Central Asian dogs who are herders/guards. Thanks to everyone who has offered to help.

Re: Afghanistan Rescue

Kudos to all who are involved.

This is just the type of heartwarming story that makes the holidays brighter and reaffirms my belief in man's inherent goodness. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Barb

Good luck to all traveling.(4 as well as 2 leggeds!!!) When you get to the adoption phase, contact local Mastiff or other Giant breed rescue groups. They are quite happy to help place these dogs. You are correct, they are/will be huge and will need families who will be ready for that.

Good luck, God Bless you all!!!

Anatolian Shepard? I'm sure the pups and Momma will be well socilized with all the love and attention they are getting, and will be forever grateful...I truly believe that they do remember acts of kindness.

Will Momma also be part of the rescue effort? Sure hope so. Understandable if not.