Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
English Show Leads

I know this has come up before, but the searches are old and I think outdated.
Does anyone have a good source for the soft nylon English show leads in different colors?
Allegheny does not seem to have them. Anyone know about the Allvalley ones?
Any info would be appreciated!

Re: English Show Leads

I bought a nice show lead a couple weeks ago from Alvalley. Very happy with the feel and look of it on my boy.

Travis
I bought a nice show lead a couple weeks ago from Alvalley. Very happy with the feel and look of it on my boy.

I bought 3 around the same time,2 nylon 1 leather from Alvalley. The quality is superb, same as always. Thank you Alfredo.

I still use my older ones from Alfredo for practice with my youngsters. It's hard to tell the difference between old and new except for the handles of the leather from being in my hand in the warmer weather.

Just thought I'd add I bought the nylon lead, not leather.

The Weathertop collection has very nice english slip leads in a good assortment of colors. I have used them for years and love them. I also got a good lead a few years ago at the Pawcatuck River specialty. Not sure who made them but it is a little heavier and prefer that one. Perhaps someone from that club can tell you where to get one. I don't know if they come in a lot of colors but honestly most people use a leash the same color as the dog so as not to distract the eye of the judge.

weathertop for me. Also http://www.stitchedpaw.com/leads.html , but I don't know if they are in business anymore. I loved their leads. More so than weathertop for the lead/rope material alone. Don't like alvalley. Don't like the leather accents.

Stitched Paw has the best!

You can buy leads from Weathertop at:
http://www.balrion.com/Home.htm

I have bought a few from Weathertop and love them, they feel great in your had, you can use the stopper or let them fall loose. Even with postage they are less expensive than Alvalley, but they aren't leather. I have bought some leather goods too and love them, nice and soft. Got the bait bag and a wallet/purse. shipping is really fast.

I have purchased from both and like both. Great colors and feel.

I don't know if the Stitched Paw is in business anymore either.....several years ago I ordered some leads and a jacket from them online, my credit card was charged and I didn't ever get my merchandise. I was told they were out of business but when I reported it to my CC company they were told that the merchandise was backordered and would be shipped soon. Maybe they will ship it on the 12th of Never???
I do love the Weathertop leads and she ships very quickly.

To set the record straight with "just my .02"

just my .02
I don't know if the Stitched Paw is in business anymore either.....several years ago I ordered some leads and a jacket from them online, my credit card was charged and I didn't ever get my merchandise. I was told they were out of business but when I reported it to my CC company they were told that the merchandise was backordered and would be shipped soon. Maybe they will ship it on the 12th of Never???
I do love the Weathertop leads and she ships very quickly.

This is Jeanine who had Stitched Paw. This is the first time I've heard from "just my .02" (though I really don't know who you are since you posted anonymously). My apologies for posting this on a public board. If I had a name/email/phone number for this person I would call him/her. "Just my .02"--please call or email me about this supposed order as I have NEVER taken anyone's money without providing a product or refund. There were some who sent money via PayPal without talking to me and I refunded their money back to them via Pay Pal as I was not able to make the items they wanted. I've never been contacted by a credit card company either for not providing goods/services.

Over the past few years I have had a lot going on in my life and have not had the time or ability to do orders. I haven't had jackets in quite some time. I haven't even had a merchant account to accept credit cards directly in years. So, please contact me so we can resolve this. Thank you.

English Show Leads

Thanks, all, for your responses.
Looks like it's Weathertop or Alvalley. I was looking for the plain nylon ones, without any leather.
Now for training with the English show leads with my puppy once I get one...!

Re: To set the record straight with "just my .02"

So nothing on the Stitched Paw website is for sale? If the things other than clothes are not still for sale, I'd like to know before placing an order. I love those products. Thanks.