Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A (true) fuzzy Christmas story......

This morning I awoke in a leisurely manner. I fed my labs only a little later than normal, and then lazily enjoyed a little time with my family. I knew I had to make a trip to Walmart. I didn't need much, but just felt this NEED to pick up a few things. Before I left home, I checked the Christmas stash. I scratched my head and wondered where the extra $100 bill had come from. I certainly didn't remember having that much in the envelope. At any rate that wasn't really a big deal. I pocketed the bills and headed out the door. After shopping, I was pushing my buggy through the parking lot. I noticed a young family, father, petite red-headed mother and their 3 stair step little girls moving happily along. I smiled then, thinking what a happy group. I could tell they weren't rich in monetary terms. As I was putting my groceries in my car, they pulled out of the parking lot in their old blue pickup with their newly purchased Christmas tree. As they drove off, I thought to myself, "Gosh I wish I could do something for those folks." Unfortunately the moment had passed. I drove to Lowe's to pick up a couple of gifts, and was still thinking of the family when I came out of the store. As I was exiting the back drive, the old blue truck turned in front of me. I watched them take another back road toward the loop. I proceeded to the donut shop for a little snack and noticed the blue truck parked in the Dollar Store next door. The petite redhead was walking across the lot. It suddenly hit me that this just seemed to be destined. I drove out of the donut shop and pulled into the Dollar Store parking lot. I parked on the other end from the blue truck. I pulled the "extra" $100 dollar bill from my pocket and folded it in my hand. I entered the store and found the mother picking out ornaments for the tree. I approached her and asked if she could do me a favor. She hesitated only slightly and said, "Well.....yes." I put the $100 bill in her hand and asked if she could spend this on those 3 little girls outside. She began shaking and grabbed me in a HUGE bear hug. Through her tears she kept saying,"OMG, thank you so much!" I hugged her. Patted her on the back and said I was so happy to be able to help. I left the store before she could ask who I was. I think I made her day, but I have to say that my day has been so bright and cheery since. I urge the rest of you to help others in any way you can during this season. I assure you that the feeling that you get will make your Christmas season soooo much brighter. Merry Christmas all, and yes this is a true story. It happened this morning. I'm still smiling.

Re: A (true) fuzzy Christmas story......

And that is the true meaning of Christmas.

Thank you, anonymous, for sharing. This made my day.

Now "THAT" is the true meaning of Christmas! What a wonderful story!

Every year my obedience club has a Holiday party and we collect the left overs and take them to the local soup kitchen. This year when I pulled in next to the building there was a pickup truck unloading expired bakery goods and produce. It all was from Trader Joe's. There were also racks of clothing for the taking and boxes of books.

So put on your thinking caps. There are folks out there in need, and organizations that distribute donations from the public. It is a real good-feel for everyone and won't cost a penny.

nice story, it's been making the rounds thru other emails and as FB threads from different sources.

I don't think so. This actually happened to me yesterday (Sunday) morning. This is the only place I have posted. If someone has copied and sent this story elsewhere, I am happy if it helps to brighten the Christmas spirit and encourages others to give.

I love stories about random acts of generosity! Such a great feeling! It's addicting. This is the time of year for it, too! I bet they were so excited. Those little girls (and their parents!) will never forget this Christmas!

My passion right now is the horn of Africa. Google "Mihag Gedi Farah" to see a heartbreaking photo of someone in true need. UNICEF, OXFAM, and International Rescue Committee are doing amazing things over there! (BTW, thanks to IRC, the Mihag is miraculously still alive!)

Merry Christmas!!