Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
whelping box opinion needed

I'm looking for a new whelping box

Has anyone used www.ezwhelp.com for boxes and supplies? I am very interested if you have any comments - positive or negative.

If anyone in the NE is ready to part with something that works for them, regarding whelping boxes that is, please email me

Re: whelping box opinion needed

EzWhelp is difficult to put together in many pieces. We couldn't do it but should have called the company for assistence. To ship it back, it's $75.

The video on the site is for the smallest, not for a labrador.

I would go with DuraWhelp, it's the same price.

Jonart Boxes are great!
Easy to set up and take down.
Easy to clean.
Strong
Not cheap but mine has lasted through 7 litters and still looks like new.
They usually have a special price if you see them at a show and sometimes online.

Breeder
Jonart Boxes are great!
Easy to set up and take down.
Easy to clean.
Strong
Not cheap but mine has lasted through 7 litters and still looks like new.
They usually have a special price if you see them at a show and sometimes online.

Jonart's are beautiful, great and all you're saying. They are cost prohibitive for many of us that don't have more then 1 or 2 litters a year.

If you purchase the whelping box and attached playpen area it's into the 4 digit no.'s. I've considered it and when I start to add everything up including fleece bedding and shipping it nears $2,000. That's why I stick to the DuraWhelp. As Breeder said, Jonart is not cheap.

I love my DuraWhelp. They have improved the door frame and it is much sturdier. I have found I prefer to take them out of the DuraWhelp at 3-4 weeks and use a puppy playpen with a Vari Kennel for a place to sleep and I add a litter box. I tried the attached playpen with the DuraWhelp and they just didn't get the interaction because the sides are solid as opposed to the playpen I bought that is more like an x-pen. Very doable as far as cost.