Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best suction device for whelping

Just wondering what others use for suction if needed. I have tried a baby suction bulb before and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? TIA

Re: Best suction device for whelping

Bdr
Just wondering what others use for suction if needed. I have tried a baby suction bulb before and it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? TIA

I use the DeLee Mucus Trap. Clears the lungs very well. Google it, the spelling of DeLee might be incorrect.

Breeder
Bdr

I use the DeLee Mucus Trap. Clears the lungs very well. Google it, the spelling of DeLee might be incorrect.

Breeder
Breeder
Bdr

I used it with the last 2 litters, will never whelp without it again

i was a little worried when I googled it and it came up $90! (CASE)

They are available each from several distributors
including Whelpwise.@ 5.25 - http://www.whelpwise.com/testing/whelping-supplies.html

This human MEDICAL distributor has them for $3.85
http://www.midwifesupplies.com/1IA-MED0071-p-1IA.html

I recently found ONE PUFF puppy & kitten aspirator and resuscitator kit. I've already saved four puppies with it and hope I don't have to have a litter without it. This captures the mucous in the upper throat & nostrils that is missed by the DeeLee. www.mccullochmedical.com

I have also used a Luken's trap to suction puppies with success, it is very similar to the DeeLee device.